Sign in to follow this  
katie777

Hello, newbie introduction. Glad to be here!

Hi,

I am new to this group. I am a single/divorced mom in Oregon. I have a 12 year old daughter. I go to a great Christian church. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you here. God bless you!

Katie

Hi Katie, I live in Oregon right now as well, Beaverton. I am only here till Feb. and then we will be moving to Gresham and then in Aug. 2010 we leave Oregon for another state. My husband's job takes us all over. We are not sure where they will send us next, 4 states possible at this time, California, Washington, Michigan or back to Virginia (we lived in Virginia for 2 years before, now they want all the work redone!) Anyway it can be a challenge so I have sought some online fellowship because it can go with me everywhere!

Sometimes I rag on Oregon because I just get so homesick for Lancaster County Pennsylvania where we are from. This is first time his work has taken us this far away before we were only a day's drive away so I went home often, now it is only 3x a year I get to fly home, so I a aplogize in advance if I ever post anything offensive to a native Oregonian, try to be forgiving, I can get nasty when I am hurting, I don't mean to be. Once I get out of Beaverton and into the country Oregon really is beautiful. We are trying to get out to see the sights more often. I recently went to see Mt. Hood and that was very beautiful, the drive was spectacular scenery as well once we got out of Portland, not a city person myself, I'd say the same of Philadelphia! Anyway welcome, glad you finally got to post your new thread!

Hi Diamond ring,

That must be hard for you to be so far from your home state. I agree that it is pretty in the country in Oregon but the suburbs aren't too pretty. They are over crowded, expensive. I would like to move to a more rural area. Gresham is closer to Mt Hood. I hope you like it there. God bless you and your family.

Katie

Hello Katie,

My name is Kelly. I currently live in Milford, MA but am from Arizona. My husband is in the Marine Corp which is why we move around so much. Like Diamondring I am now 3000 miles away from my family and do not care for it at all. We have a daughter that just turned 2 and a baby on the way, he's due Oct 27th. Welcome to the group, we look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Becky,

Yes I finally figured out how to post. I must have had a blind spot lol when I was trying to look for the new thread button. I look forward to getting to know everyone here. Thanks for the sweet comment. I hope you have a great weekend.

Hi Kelly that must be a big difference to be in MA from Arizona. My mom just got a house in Arizona, she has always liked hot weather. Congratulations about your new baby. That is exciting. I always wanted more children but since I am not married, that probably won't happen. I am thankful for my daughter though.

Katie

hey everyone!! I'm a mother of 2 and currently live in Ohio... well -I've been in Ohio since i was a kid.. so.. yeah... I'm a young mother (25) and i usually just post motherhood discussions on my blog ( http://www.moodysmotherhood.blogspot.com ) but i'm trying to get to know some other mothers in the process!

nice to be here!!

Hello everyone, I am a single mother of four I live in Las Vegas and really looking forward to building new friendships.

blesfam, welcome to the site, I look forward to getting to know you?

I am a single mom and there is a single mom forum on this site. we look forward to the fellowship.

Here let me give you the link.http://www.christianmom.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Katie,

Welcome to the forum!

I have 3 boys ages 9, 12 & 13.