Sign in to follow this  
Guest sarahidc

Little Mommy Meditations

Guest sarahidc

Taking time out for yourself is an important part of being a good mom to your kids. It helps you lead, and model, a more balanced life. Especially when your kids are small and their demands on your time seem to be constant, even a small break can make a big difference. Take advantage of any time you have before the kids get up in the morning, while they nap, or when they're in their rooms for some "quiet time"of their own. The chores will still be there once you're done.

Take a long bubble bath while reading a good book---one that's not on parenting. Sit down with a cup of tea and one really great cookie, and listen to a favorite CD while just looking out the window. Turn on a worship CD, lie down on the couch, close your eyes, and talk to your heavenly Father.

copyright moms on the move book 2004

Oh what an important reminder to all Mommies, both married (you know husbands can be sometimes more work to care for than the kids are=) and single-Thank you, what a blessing it is to give yourself permission to relax and spend quiet time with God!

Guest sarahidc

Yes in deed. When we learn to take of ourselves, we then can learn to take of others around us (husband, kids, relationship w. God)!

I use ot get up an hour before everyone else and it was awesome. Everyone was sleeping the house was so quiet. It was nice to have everyone home yet no noise. Sometimes I would throw in a load of laundry or I would fold some clothes or go for a walk, or just drink a cup of tea and sit alone on the couch in quiet.

I often think i nee dot get back into that but my schedule has become so hectic that I need the extra sleep in the morning