Sign in to follow this  
christianmom

Haiti Earthquake - Red Cross

Ladies -

Please be in prayer for the people in Haiti and the rescue efforts.

One way to donate financially and immediately is to donate $10 to the American Red Cross by texting Haiti to 90999. The $10 charge will appear on your phone bill.

Here is a link with details: http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.94aae335470e233f6cf911df43181aa0/?vgnextoid=15c0c5a210826210VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD

Thank you,

Carla

ChristianMom.com

Many still trapped a day after Haiti quake

The first cargo planes with aid arrive in Haiti, while many of its citizens remain in peril. Thousands feared dead

Father God we pray right now in the name of Jesus.

Come Lord Jesus, come.

Holy Spirit come.

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior Amen.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cb_haiti_earthquake

A start could be made in teaching these people how to build properly. When the presidential palace collapses like a house of cards, it says a lot for the rest.

Interestingly enough i was just thinking about architectural differences of the East Coast of USA verses the West Coast this morning in light of this Earthquake. As Pennsylvanians we are used to old 3, 4 and 5 story houses and it has been difficult to adjust to the look of the houses here that are no more than 2 stories high. My husband and I have often complained about how they have built "out" instead of "up". In light of this quake I was thinking this morning how they must have done this because earthquakes as we know are more common on the West Coast.

It is my understanding however that Haiti has not suffered an earthquake in 200 years (I could be wrong, that is just hearsay) so perhaps that would explain no thought being given to a building surviving a quake in their building structure.

Not to mention the poverty level of this nation and lack of education!

Edited by DiamondRing

They are in our prayers. And I also know there must be missionaries there too that need our prayers.

Father God we come right now in the name of Jesus

Father God we come right now in the name of Jesus

Father God We come and we ask you for your power and your glory to be show to Haiti

Father God we pray for the children, the people who are trapped

Father God we pray for the country to come together to provide for the need of the people

Father God we pray for your strength to support the people who are helping with the great need.

Father God we pray that you bring peace to the hurt and the families whom has lost love one.

Father God send forth the Holy Spirit to heal, the broke and restore and make new every part of their physical body.

Father God send forth the Holy Spirit to minister to the people of you love and grace to get them through this situation.

Father God we ask that every need be met to restore and make new in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Father God we call upon the name of Jesus who heal

Father God we call upon the name of Jesus the one power we know that has the power to saved, give, love, mend and care for the people.

Father God we thank you for what you are doing in this situation that all the world will see your power and your glory and that you will draw men unto you to do your perfect will

In Jesus name we pray and ask it all in what we pray. Amen.

There are many different organizations to give your help financially, all good I am sure, but I just wanted to spread the word that the Mennonite Central Committee was one of the first ones to be there with help responding to the earthquake that struck Haiti. If interested in helping through them please visit http://www.mcc.org.

For those of you who may be just hesitant about sending money (totally understandable with all the scams out there) here a ministry that is accepting donations of products needed, you can ship any of these items to their ministry and they will get the needed items to Haiti. Here is a list of the items needed.

*Please print your name, address and phone number on a piece of paper and place it inside each box sent.

Mail supplies to:

Love A Child, Inc.

Attn: Mike Essman – Haiti

Earthquake Medical Donation

9304 Camden Field Parkway

Riverview, FL 33578-0520

Most Urgent Needs

Large 5 gallon buckets with lids

Blankets

Sheets – used or new

Mats to lay on

Drapes

Bottled water

Non-perishable foods

Sandals or flip-flops

Toiletry sacks (containing a washcloth, soap, tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant)

Large T-shirts

Small tents

Gauze – any size, but preferably 4X4

Dressings - sterile and unsterile

(Coban, Tegaderm, Steri-strip, Surgilast)

Sutures

Neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment

Ace bandages (or anything specifically for wound care)

Ibuprofen

Oral rehydration salts

Betadine wipes and sticks

Other Items Needed

Medications:

Diclofenac – (injection and oral)

Tylenol

Motrin

Multivitamins (children and adult)

Zantac

Benadryl

Hypertension medications

Blood pressure medications

Cough medications

Anti-diarrheal

Antibiotics

Lidocaine

Medical Supplies:

Alcohol pads

Band-Aids

Blades – sterile only

Bulb syringes, stub adapter; no loose/single units; spinal

needles

Casting supplies

Compression stockings

Gloves: all sizes, sterile/non-sterile

Gowns – (surgical and patient, head & shoe covers; goggles, masks)

IV supplies - tubing in sterile packages only

IV Serum

Needles – butterfly, angio catheter

Pediatric supplies

Scalpels

Splints – for legs, ankles and arms

Sponges - surgical only (includes X-ray detectable)

Surgical towels- cloth/paper

Syringes

Tape - all types

Thermometers

Tongue depressors

Thank you and God Bless! I understand some things on this list aren't really readily available to the general public-like antibiotics, but there is a lot on the list that can be bought-God even blesses the one who can only afford give a little, maybe an old blanket and an extra thermometer you have at home or a box of bandages and some Tylenol is all you can send-that's OK, every little bit helps.

Edited by DiamondRing