Sign in to follow this  
Kimblee

Who is your favorite Author?

Gotta be either David Jeremiah or Max Lucado for me...Max's book "God Came Near" affected me in ways I hadn't imagined...it was instrumental in drawing me closer to God....I highly recommend it.

Overall I would choose Laura Ingalls Wilder. John Hagee & Charles Swindoll are my favorite non-fiction Christian authors though. Actually I think Laura would fit into that catagory too. I've never read anything by Max Lucado but I've heard he's good. I don't usually like fiction though.

Oh I love John Hagee to! I have 3 of his books, and they have helped me tremendously! The ones I have are "From Daniel To Doomsday", "Final Dawn Over Jerusalem", and "Day of Deception". I watch Cornerstone as often as I can:)My hubby like Chuck Swindoll....and we both like CS Lewis:)

You're lucky. I can't watch Cornerstone anymore. My local Christian Station now runs sitcoms and infomercials most of the time. When I do see a preacher on it's usually Benny Hinn or Rod Parsley. Blech.

fav authors

I am a Lori Wick fan [regulars will know that !]

I enjoy Grace Livingstone Hill , Catherine Marshall & Jannette Oke too.

My all time most read author is L.M. Montgomery [Anne of Green Gables] and I have enjoyed Laura Ingalls in the past [my daughter loves them now].

W2

My favorite books are by Joyce Meyer and Stormie Omaritian. They have helped me so much. They are Christian ladies who have been through the same things a lot of us go through. My favorite preacher on our local Christian channel is Paula White, she is awesome!!! :)Dawn

I love the Amish writers...Beverly Lewis...

Cindy woodsmall...(amish)

Tamera Alexander is awesome too.

Francine Rivers...Little Haddassah....I loved her character...so Godly.

I have read the series I know, three times.

*********Love to read!!!!

I am a #1 Lori Wick Fan!

I also enjoy Jeanette Oake and Jan Karon.

I have read most of Max Lucado's work as well.

I love to read also!

My favorite topic! I'm a huge book fan.

Right now, my non-fiction is just the Bible, Sunday School material, and the "Thru the Bible" commentary by J. Vernon McGee.

Fiction: Francine Rivers is the best! I've never read anything so breathtaking as her "Mark of the Lion" series. I am waiting for something new by her.

I also read and love: Cathy Marie Hake, Deanne Gist, Tracey Bateman, Lauraine Snelling, Beverly Lewis, Penelope Stokes, Tracie Peterson, Judith Miller.

I'm glad someone mentioned Laura Ingalls Wilder. There is something so comforting about going back and re-reading all those childhood favorites of mine.