Sign in to follow this  
alisonstella

Horrible housework!

:mad: As a sahm who home schools, I can honestly say that one of the most challenging parts of my day, is the hour before supper! By that stage of the day, I just want to flop down with a cup of tea and a good book after spending the day educating myself and everyone else. But everyone else is hungry and hubby's coming home starving. It's hard not to be selfish and just dish up sandwiches! Still, there are things to be grateful for, like the fact that the children are becoming more interested in cooking and baking. Also, when the house gets too messy, I can declare a housework week and we can all get stuck in. Somedays, I feel so brain dead, that I feel like I'm in grade 0 but I still have to help everyone with their maths! That was a good moan, but at the end of the day, I'm grateful to God for blessing me so much that I can stay at home and sow, plant and water in my children's lives.

Blessings

This is a bad hour for me too, my mother referred to this hour as the witching hour, b/c it seems to be when the little ones are most whiny and fussy and clingy too just when you are trying to get supper made. We do not watch much TV but this is the hour I usually let them watch a movie. after dinner my work is done, my husband and daughter do clean up while I retreat to the couch or the bathtub, and this knowledge helps me push through it!

It is important to set the right tone and atmosphere, otherwise everyone suffers! We did have toasted sandwiches tonight and hubby made them because I'm feeling a bit run down. Sometimes we moms just need a rest.

Thinking of you