Sign in to follow this  
christianmom

Facebook, do you use it?

Hi Ladies!

I'd like to get your feedback, do you use Facebook?

If so, if we put a link on Christianmom.com, saying, "Find us on Facebook", do you think you'd use it?

What about Twitter? Any Twitter users or readers out there?

Id like to know your thoughts on each form of Social media as we consider other ways to get the word out about ChristianMom.com

Thank you!

Blessings,

Carla

ChristianMom

I tried facebook, but it made me a little nervous. One family member posted something horrible and anti-Christian. So much of the content was childish and immature. As you can imagine, I was put off and closed my profile. I would use a link to facebook if I felt sure I wasn't going to encounter something like that again.

Blessings and prayers

yes I do, I'm somewhat addicted. PPl post stupid things sometimes I ignore it or delete it. I'm pretty computer savy. You can control who sees what on it

i use it and i love it. i love that i can stay in touch with family and friends. its a lot better than writing tons of email. you can also choose who sees what, how much of your info you want to share........

I use fb. Had some issues, but for now am there. I would look up the web page on there. Not a fan of twitter.

I use facebook, that's actually how we found this awsome church recently, an old friend of mine invited us. There are occasional annoying posters that I have to hide but for the most part I like it.

Does this discussion also include gents? :)

Yes, I use facebook all the time. I can't say I love it or how fun it is. But seeing how web 2.0 is such an integral part of so many lives, I feel I need to. For me, I probably wouldn't use the "find us" tab. But then again, I'm not a mom so...

But I think it would be a great promotional tool if you don't already have a Christian Mom page. It's a great way to be interactive with the community here, many of whom probably would like regular posts and thoughts to encourage them through their daily walk as a Christian mom.

It would probably also boost your visibility in general. There are probably many fb mom's who don't know about this site, but may be looking for some Christian encouragement on fb. I think it would be a good tool to grow this community even more.

If you do have a page, please let me know so I can be a fan of it, and then my Christian friends who are moms will be able to see that and hopefully become fans, too.

Edited by director.lionel
typo, whoops

I do, but I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.

Good things: I've reconnected with the kids I worked with a group home for abused children. They are now grown up and I enjoy hearing from them and was able to help one out who was in a crisis situation. Also reconnected with a former roommate who is doing missionary work and was able to provide support to her. Also I hear about what people are doing at church. Also helped out a former college friend who was having a crisis. Also used it to advertise Vacation Bible School

Bad Things: I'm reminded that I don't have really any true Christian close friends and get jealous when I see that other people have these wonderful friendships. I don't post status updates anymore b/c I get my feelings hurt when no one posts. I used to have infertility and I know that FB is not an infertility friendly place.

Don't use FB or Twitter. Thought about it alot being that social networks are the thing nowadays to stay in touch with many but I decided against it. For one thing I don't like that everything you post seems to go everywhere.

I tried MySpace a couple of years ago and that was a time hog. I don't have time for that. Good grief, I hardly have time for this and at least I feel like you all are Christian friends.

Ladies (and gents!), we now have a FB page too, and a button right from the main ChristianMom.com that says "FIND US ON FACEBOOK". I hope that this will help spread the word about ChristianMom.com.

If you aren't fond of Facebook, I understand, however, I know there are some people who use it a lot, in fact, it has been very important to me, personally to communicate with my immediate family, and extended family and friends. My family is very far away from where I live and to be able to chat, post and share pictures instantly is wonderful.

Another advantage was something that has happened just in this last week and a half. I have a few friends from high school that are 'friends' on Facebook. It's been a real blessing to reconnect with them and hear their life stories and get to see pictures of them and their children. One of my high school friends posted an urgent prayer request for the child of a mutual friend who was having emergency brain surgery and it turned out it was taking place right in the city where I live. If it wasn't for Facebook, I may have never known the situation, and would never have specifically lifted up this family in prayer, or have been able to ask my church family and circle of friends to also lift them up in prayer. The updates the Mother has posted on the carepage they set up, has been nothing less than inspirational to me as I'm sure it has to many others.

I'm a lover of technology when it's used in such a positive way, I wish it was just all that way, and I know it's not, but when it's good, it can be really, really good. Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to try to use the FB page and Twitter to personally communicate more regularly with the visitors of ChristianMom, while continuing everything just the way it is on the website.

So, if you or any friends you know use Facebook or Twitter, please let them know about ChristianMom.com (or just search ChristianMom on FB and Twitter.)

Thanks, and God Bless you, and please pray for my friend's son - he is doing well after the surgery, and has a long road of recovery ahead.

Carla

ChristianMom

Hope the fb thing turns out well. I do know a lot of ppl who frequent fb so I will let them know about the link.

Praying for your friend's son to have a rapid recovery!