Sign in to follow this  
jpolimino

Will Your Husband Change a Diaper??

(These are my private journals from my 1st pregnancy.)

This weekend I went to another baby shower. It’s fun going to my friends’ showers, because I’m getting terrific ideas for my shower next week. But this friend is having a girl, just like my other girlfriend, and she got the cutest little pink clothes for baby gifts. I totally loved those baby clothes—but I still want a boy!

Dan signed up for a Daddy Boot Camp. It teaches dads skills like how to change a diaper. I’m sure glad he’s going to learn that!

Dear Lord, please help my husband to love and cherish his child. I pray that he is a great father…loving and caring like you. I know these last weeks are hard on him too. Please give him patience and understanding to be a good husband too.

In Jesus name,

Amen

Yes! My husband helps change our son Chandler! He is 9 months old. My husband and I have 2 boys. We also have a 5 year old.

There was a set of sextuplets born in AZ and the news of course made a bog deal about it and they did the news shows. They were going on one show, not sure which one, but the wife said the husband, just the day before, changed one of the kids diapers for the first time, just so he could say he did it. Otherwise momma changes every single diaper for those six kids, and I think they might have been six months old at the time! I couldn't imagine! I am so thankful to have a helpful husband.

I don't get guys who don't change diapers. Aren't they parents too?

Wow, 6 babies!! I don't think I could do that. And yes, they are parents too! I hope that my husband will step up and help.

My husband changes all the diapers when they are newborns and I am still in hospital recuperating, he changes less when we get home b/c he is at work but still does his share on weekends!

My husband was given 10 days off when our first child was born. He had previous baby experience I had none. If I had even looked at a baby it would invoke an hour long speech from my mother on how babies are hard work and they needed things I couldn't give them ( cause I guess she thought saying "that baby is cute" meant " I want one") . He changed all the diapers. By day 8 I was saying to him " you need to let me try a change a diaper, cause you are going back to work soon and I'll be on my own!"

Jpolimino: I am sure that Dan will help out with baby, especially if he is signing up for Daddy Boot Camp. That's awesome! My husband helped out a lot and changed a lot of diapers. Plus...who do you think took care of all those babies when I was in the hospital having the next?

USMCMRS: What a great name! I supposed that means that your other half is a Marine?

Fantastic! I have 2 sons who are Marines and we are very proud of them. I am sure you are proud of USMCMR too!

I will add you all to my prayer list. After all, prayer is the best gift you can give!