Sign in to follow this  
Desi

Lady Gaga Christian Alternative?

My eight year old daughter has discovered Lady Gaga and loves her music. I can't blame her too much, the beats are really catchy, but none the less, we aren't going to download her music for her.

Are there any Christian bands/artists who have similar sounds and beats (she loves fast, fun, upbeat, dancey songs) to give her as an alternative to Lady Gaga

-.-

Thank you!

Btw, I'm a nubie, so if I posted this in the wrong area, I'm sorry.

Hi! There is just so much to choose from. I love dancing and have lots of energetic Christian praise and worship in my collection. I let the Holy Spirit guide me in what I choose. The lyrics are very important. Why not try Proxy's new Cd, "The Call". A South African group. They are a worship group rather than a band, so their hearts are in the right place. The songs on this album are energetic. Please don't let your daughter listen to lady gaga. She is a dangerous role model. Hope that doesn't offend you, I guess I feel rather strongly about the issue of poor role models.

Hope this helps, Blessings, Alison

Fireflight

BarlowGirl

Zoegirl

Rebecca St. James

Amy Grant

Jennifer Knapp

Avolon

Point of Grace

Krystal Meyers

Natalie Grant

Jaci Velasquez

Francesca Battistelli

CeCe Winans

Nicole Nordman

There are so many great Christian singers and bands now, this is just a small list of artists we enjoy. Christian Contemporary Music has never failed to be welcomed by daughter's friends who were used to listening to secular top 10 music, they all loved the music and would ask who they were etc. etc. and be "caught" by it. We never listen to any secular music b/c we do not like it, my daughter does not like it, she grew up listening to Christian contemporary music and it was she likes and chooses.

I do not really know who Lady Gaga is but I heard her perfomance on American Idol was offensive and someone else had commented she used to be a he and had an operation, I sure do not not know this is true just what I have read others say on another Christian website I go to, we do not watch much secular tv either and American Idol is not something we watch so i did not see it first hand.

I would say do everything you can as a parent to encourage good seed being planted in your child's mind and heart and avioding the bad seed (weeds) of the world as much as is possible.

Edited by DiamondRing

You can go to http://www.interlinc-online.com (a website designed for youth leaders). Under their "Free Stuff" tab they have a "who sounds like who comparison" There, you can look up tons of secular musicians and find a great Christian alternative!

I want to praise you for caring about what your child is being exposed to! I do a purity study with the teen girls at my church and one of the lessons is all about how continued exposure to impure/worldly things can cause you to become desensitized and can eventualy lead you to compromis your beliefs because somthing that once seemed bad suddenly isn't such a big deal any more because you've been around it for so long :)

Please... PLEASE what ever you do, do not let your daughter fall into the Gaga spell!! I tell you, i've been there and Sister it is hard to get out of. I just right this moment have deleted all of my none-christian songs and boy am i hurting. That is what i also said, that the sound was catchy, then the lyrics are ganna get catchy then the look, then the tattoo's then the drugs, etc, etc. Sister i've been brought up in a Christian home, received Christ, i'm involved in ministry and the Gaga fever got to me, ashamed i am. Have you seen that peace sign tattoo she has in her left wrist, yeah guess who else has one, ME!! I know have asked God to forgive me, and ask Him to keep me from falling. Seriously it's like a drug, im addictid to gaga, but now GOD has saved me. Not trying to scare you but that is my story.

Group 1 Crew is a good band!!

Transform Djs, Christian Tecno

Heavensounds djs

dj dc

dj josiah

I really these help!!

Edited by mISSoRIKA

mISSoRIKA, it is a challenge seperating yourself from the world isn't it, esspecially when we desire so much to belong. I remember throwing away all my music like Metallica and Suicidal Tendencies (hey this was the cool music back then), and it was hard, even harder weas later throwing away my romance novels and a lot of my movies. It does get easier though.

I agree I like fireflight, but i don't think there is a Christian alternative to Lady Gaga and I'm kind of glad there isn't

Lady Gaga Alternative

Hey, I'm not a mom sorry, but I know a very good alternative for Lady Gaga. Beckah Shae is a great alternative, especially her song Life, I also like her song with Toby Mac Funky Jesus Music. Hope this helped. :D