Sign in to follow this  
jpolimino

How to Raise Great Children In This World Today - Part 1

Do you often get complimented on your kids’ behavior? Can you take your children with you into a fancy restaurant and not worry that they will knock over your ice tea while reaching for the bread basket? Can you go to church and not worry about you little ones having a temper tantrum while your pastor is handing out communion?

These are questions that many mom’s are proud to say that they do not have to worry about.

I first want to say that my kids are not perfect by any means!!! They have gone through phases of testing me, not listening and being disrespectful. As you know my children are 2 and almost 5, but I expect them to behave and to have manners.

I believe as a mother that it is my job to teach them what is appropriate to do and what is not.

So as a mother, a lot of responsibility is upon us to raise the next generation of “polite-giving-honest-loving-caring” human beings.

Over the next few weeks, I want to share with you what my mother (who has 7 children) has taught me over other years. I want to discuss a few of what I think are the most important values and beliefs that we need to teach our children in this world today to help shape their lives here on earth and beyond!

This is so exciting! It just reinforces the pride I have for my children when people compliment me on their behavior. Yes, they definitely have made their share of mistakes, but the good news is that it only happens at home and not in front of others. I have 10 kids and when I think of all the happiness they always give me it only makes me wish that I had more!

It has been so long since I have heard anyone say, I have 10 kids, I get negative comments on having 3 out here esspecially when I correct them when they say oh I bet your done, and I say oh no I will have as many as The Lord wants to give me, and thier eyes go wide with shock, then I tell them I am from Amish country, and they walk away bewildered usually.

Population control seems to be a huge liberal issue out here on the West Coast, there are a lot of people who rally for government to make laws like those in China that would limit the number of children we are allowed to have. Scary people really.

Good for you, we'd like to have at least 2 more and will be trying again asap. Children are a blessing, not a curse!

Hip, hip, hooray for you Diamond Ring. Children are indeed gifts fro God. We never practiced birth control b/c we always said it was up to the Lord whether he blessed us with kids or not. He did! I know that it was a God thing b/c my sister was never able to have children of her own and ended up adopting.

When the kids were little and we would all go out someplace people would ask me, "Are you crazy or are you Catholic?" I would respond that I guessed to them I was crazy, but to me I was blessed! Or they would see all the children and say "God bless you" and I would reply "Yes, He certainly has!"

You go girl! Good for you!