Sign in to follow this  
TwinCrier

Are you a Flylady?

I joined this group called Flylady (flylady.net) to help with house cleaning. It's like a weight watchers type support for women who need to keep their homes cleaner. So far DH has noticed some improvement, but I'm not to that "anyone can drop over anytime and I won't be embarrassed" stage. At least I've stopped saying "I'm not June Cleaver," that famous cop-out we wives use when we can't (or don't want to) keep our homes in order. Anyone else want to join me?

I too am a flybaby :) I joined about a year ago, but only really got started after the birth of our baby seven months ago. While my house is not the cleanest house you have ever seen (what can be expected when you have 3 kids under 4), but having the house picked up and having routines set up has caused me so much peace... I don't yell or cry nearly as much any more.... and it will only get better. I highly recommend this site to anyone who struggles to get their house in order.

Raechel

I am a three week-old flybaby! I really am enjoying it. I get dressed, make my bed and keep my sink shining!;) When I get my 2-year-old from bed in the morning he asks, "Where Mommy going, shoes, hair?" He wonders what happened to my pj's and ponytail;) I love the Holiday Missions. I already have half of my gift list bought and wrapped! I used to start shopping two weeks before Christmas and start wrapping the night before.:o I still need to make my control journal, it seems so overwhelming!!! Baby steps...baby steps:)

Yup, baby steps. I got my Christmas cards all ready except to insert the letter (which is written, just need copies). I must admit, there is improvement.

Hi there!

One of my friends sent me the link for Flylady just recently! I, too, think it's great! What a riot the pictures are. They are cute.

I'll put a link to it from here on our links page if no one else has yet!

Fly lady

I have been a fly baby for a few months now. Love the daily reminders. (Especially the ones that remind you to take care of yourself.) It really does make a difference just by getting dressed, putting your shoes on in the morning and keeping the sink clean.

flygril/flyguy?

ok a nice lady on the phone last night told me of this web sight so i decided to check it out . now this caught my eye, keeping a clean house that is. i need help bad and the reason why is because i am a single white male that lives alone and need help would like to know if the above named site alows men to join or is it a female only thing. FYI i am 36 with one cat

when i first posted this it came up as being on someones ignore list so i joined and reposted

Hi there asbell99. Yes, flylady is for men too. Flylady's morning routine involves putting on your "face", you might want to skip that step;) I know that you and your cat will love the flylady! Let us know how you are doing:)

I have had much sucess using the FLY lady web site! I really enjoy the tips and helpful encouragement and if I am running behind I delete all but the ones I need the most. No pressure baby steps and I control the pace! I think she is such a blessing to all of us !!

FlyLady Support Group

For those of you Flying, I am too. I belong to a group called FlyBabies In London. No, I don't live in London, but that is where the group originated. In the beginning, you post your morning and evening routine, and daily you can post what you have accomplished. It's a great motivator for me.

FlyBabies In London Site

Tami

tamiq76@tamiq76@yahoo.com

Im a flybaby, too! I have been in it for less than 3 months and it has dramtically changed my life. I never realized what a perfectionist I was, and the decluttering leads into other areas of my life as well. Think sinful habits :) I still cant belive she doesnt charge anything for her program!! I am currently anxiously awaiting my purty new duster...

I tried it when I was working and it did notwork for me. Now that I am home I will try it again.

I joined flylady because of this thread. I've been trying to follow the routines for about a week now and I do see some improvement. It has been harder, I think, because I work full time but I am really trying. One of my children finally asked me tonight why I keep setting the kitchen timer all over the house. It only took a week for someone to notice - LOL. So I sent him to his "zone"(his room) to tidy up for 15 minutes with the timer. I think he laughed and cut up more about his "zone" than he cleaned but hey, it's a start. Flylady has definetly motivated me more than anything else ever had so I think I'll stick with it. Thanks for telling me about it.

Tried it. .. couldn't stick to it. . .It's too rigid with a toddler. . .But maybe it's just my laziness

Hi Twincrier!

I had to write to tell you that because of your post I joined Flylady about 3 weeks ago. I have been so BLESSED! My home is SO much better, and I have a MUCH BETTER ATTITUDE about keeping house! I, personally, don't like the "Finally Loving Yourself" stuff, but I must say, for housecleaning it's a great site. Thanks for passing it on! :) Kim

Hey everyone

I started the flylady program about two years ago and did it consistantly for about 4 months before I withdrew from the website- I didn't like the reminders filling up my email box- but the basic steps were very good. I've gotten into such a routine with making my bed first thing in the morning that I feel really uncomfortable if my beds not made (I cant believe I never used to make my bed).

About once a week I take the time to 'bless my house' thats when I do the toilet, bathroom and mop the floors- though last time I did the floors the mop broke! grrrrr.

I vacume every other day.

Anyways- the basics make a huge difference (make your bed, get dressed, clean your sink) and after removing all the clutter from my house, cleaning up isn't such a hard task. Though I do have some hot spot problems on my kitchen bench. I get overwhelmed with bits and pieces and don't know whether to keep them or throw them out- it's like a fear if I through out some mail/a flyer etc- I might end up needing it some later- so it ends up staying on the bench with all the other pieces, lol

anyone else have this problem?

The program is great for showing you a way to keep your hosue in order. Until I started doing it, I never realised that at no point had anyone taught me how to run a household efficiently. The program helps by explaining how to do it in small managable steps. It really changed my life.

Mama Andrea

Hi Mama Andrea,

My house is pretty decluttered, and it I'm doing pretty well with the cleaning. I've started deleting all the testimonials without reading them. I just read the subject, and if it looks VERY interesting, I'll try to read it fast. I don't want to waste time on it. I'm just trying to adapt around what I need to do. (Can't vacuum when baby's sleeping, ya know!) I need a better system for my weekly shopping fliers/coupons/paper stuff, too. They are all in a designated spot, but don't look great. Maybe covered wicker baskets or boxes with lids, so at least it looks neater. I just have a hard time finding places for stuff, especially with a toddler. Things need to be stored "up high", but then they are hard to get when I need them, and it takes more time. Oh well, it's not a permanent problem. SOmeday things will get back to normal! :)

Alright - I am going there now. I have heard a lot about it but just haven't made the visit! But it sounds great and very helpful.

I joined flylady a year ago....but if you don't read the messages everyday you end up with 800 emails in your account......

Carolynn

Im not sure if it's available in America but here in Australia there's two new books released that go over how to keep your house clean with just 15 minutes a day- for all of you who want the tips without the email reminders, keep an eye out for the book!

There is also a way to get digests instead of individual emails - then you only have 1 a day.

I find it's easy to go through the regular emails though, because the title of the email IS the reminder - you don't even have to open it to be reminded!

:)

I found this website about 2 years ago and passed it on to my Mom and she in turn to her sisters. I don't use it as much as they do, my mom swears by the feather duster and my aunts have all bought the control journals and calenders.

My sink isn't sparkling, but I did get my bedroom organized and decluttered. I realized my husband appreciates me cleaning up after him WAY more than the kids. Maybe they will tire of sleeping in clutter and get in gear, who knows.