Sign in to follow this  
JessicaPoff

Have to ask... What does it mean to be saved?

I am just wondering if someone can please explain to me what they think it means to be truely saved to where when you die you go to Heaven?

I hear so many answers and I want to know what you believe. I will explain later why I am asking this.

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Salvation by any name means starting a personal relationship with Jesus by accepting His gift of forgiveness that He offered to the world when He died on the cross. I too have heard many explanations of where we go after we die. I have heard that we go to "paradise", I have heard that we stay in the ground until judgement day and I have heard that we go straight to Heaven. I believe we go straight to Heaven. Jesus told his disciples, "I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (John 14:3). So, BELIEVERS go to be with Jesus in heaven when they die. This is something I found on a website: Heaven is also a temporary place for believers. When Jesus returns to the earth, he will bring with him all of the believers who have died. They and the believers who are still alive will reign with Jesus during the Millennium, the one thousand year period when Jesus is king over all the earth. See 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Revelation 20:4-6.

At the end of the Millennium comes the final judgment described above. "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Revelation 21:1-4)

Now, please explain why you are asking this. I love to hear other people's opinions on this subject.

Something else I found: Jesus also promised his disciples that they would be with him after death. He said, "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (John 14:2-3).