Sign in to follow this  
christianmom

New Forum for Homeschoolers

Hi Moms!

You are an amazing group of people (both men and women, I'm sure) who homeschool your children! I'll never forget the first time I met a woman who became my mentor and friend and she was a Homeschooling Mom. She had FIVE children! I was in awe. I had never met someone who home schooled, and I had great admiration for those who chose to do it. I planned to if we ever moved overseas and if there weren't schools available near us or if the language barrier was too much. But that hasn't happened yet, although there were numerous times we considered an overseas job.

We have been blessed with wonderful schools & teachers in the different places we've lived. I'm glad, because I don't think my area of giftedness would be to teach from home, so my admiration for those who do will always grow! I've been blessed to meet many Moms who do this and I know you have lots of great advice for the rest of us in how we can educate our children academically and in their daily lives, especially teaching them in a Christian home, even if we aren't home schoolers.

So please, share with us your ups and downs, your triumphs and best ideas! I can't wait to learn more from you!

I am a teacher and I am a Christian mom of 2. I am constantly trying to find wholesome activities/games for my children and ran across a company called Inspired Media Entertainment. They produce Christian PC video games that inspire learning and growing. To make a long story short, I have taken it upon my self to help the company spread the word of their games. They are actually offering a free game download right now and I encourage you to try it out and spread the word yourself. The game my 4 year old loves is Charlie Church Mouse 3D Bible Adventures:) Take a look:) http://www.inspiredgames.com/?sc=52

Hi!

I also admire those mothers who have home schooled their children from grade school to high school because I was able to try home schooling on my eldest son. He was studying in a private school but because of his behavior and attitude he was kicked out, we tried to home school so we can closely monitor him but after 3 months we transferred him to an all boys school because he refuses to cooperate and he sneaks out early in the morning and comes back late in the afternoon. So we finally decided to get him back to school but not just an ordinary school but to an all boys school. At first even though he doesn't like the idea, he had no choice. To our surprise thing changed, at moment he is enjoying the experience, we never thought he would like it there. He kept on saying that his views towards education, people and life changed. I was glad because he needed to see that, he needed that change. :o

Momsy

Hi!

I also admire those mothers who have home schooled their children from grade school to high school because I was able to try home schooling on my eldest son. He was studying in a private school but because of his behavior and attitude he was kicked out, we tried to home school so we can closely monitor him but after 3 months we transferred him to school because he refuses to cooperate and he sneaks out early in the morning and comes back late in the afternoon. So we finally decided to get him back to school but not just an ordinary school but to an all boys school. At first even though he doesn't like the idea, he had no choice. To our surprise thing changed, at moment he is enjoying the experience, we never thought he would like it there. He kept on saying that his views towards education, people and life changed. I was glad because he needed to see that, he needed that change. :o

Momsy