Sign in to follow this  
christianmom

Is there one way to God, or many different ways?

Is there one way to God, or many different ways?

At my church, we aren't exploring this question, but rather, busting this myth! The 3-week sermon title is "MYTHBUSTERS". I'm going to post a link to a video that was played the 1st Sunday of the series, and the team of people who made the video went to Washington DC and asked people on the street "Is there one way to God, or many different ways?"

http://www.sermonspice.com/product/4902/one-way

What an eye-opening video! It shows how political correctness may have just blanketed many minds into thinking "it's all good."

Our particular series, (at our "Bible believing", protestant church) is educating us on the belief system of Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism. 20 years ago, this may not have been of concern, but we are living in a world where it is very common for people of many 'religions' live side by side in the same communities, on the same street and right next door. I think God calls us to respect each other and love each other, but as the song taught me when I was a child "One way God said to get to heaven, Jesus is the Only Way".

What are your thoughts? (Please be respectful with your comments, thanks!) Do you have any verses in the bible that you know of that teach us how to respectfully disagree and present our faith when faced with someone who believes there are many different ways to God?