Sign in to follow this  
christianmom

Bush's "war" decision

Well ladies - we need to be in prayer over the deployment of all the troops to the gulf region. Any thoughts on this? I was just reading the "news" on Yahoo...

(none)

I think prayer is all we can offer at a time like this. Clearly all the peace protests haven't added up to much, and with good reasoning.

Sometimes peace has to be fought for. We're protecting what's already ours. Jesus be with our soldiers, and equip them for battle like you did the Israelites back in the day. Amen.

P.S. funny how my name says I'm too tired for words... hahahahha... apparently I woke up.

I too pray for our troops, my SIL is in the US military...I honestly believe that our President and his staff "Know things" that we don't know-and that they can't tell the public-to protect us..., and that they are sincere in doing this to protect us and all the citizens of our Country...did anyone else catch it when he said "wonder working power"? ;)And he mentioned God more than any President has since I've been around...Although he's not perfect and can't do everything the way all would have him to do, I believe he IS sincere with his realtionship with God...I pray for our President daily and am a member of the official Presidential prayer team...I also know that nothing is going to happen to the USA(or anybody or anything) that don't have to go through God's hands first, I am trusting in GOD to keep us safe and whatever happens, may it be HIS will and not my own...God is still on His Throne!:)

I just said fairwell to my husband, Ryan, two weeks ago. He arrived in Baghdad only 3 days ago. I go through a myriad of emotions about the politics behind the war. This is not the first time that my husband has been in Iraq. Although he doesn't agree with everything that is going on over there...he did many things that he is proud of...those things unfortunately are not broadcast on the news. They don't show the soldiers cutting the chains off of a womans hands and feet from when her husband had chained her to the back yard like a dog, they don't show the soldiers clearing a playground of munitions that could have killed every child in the school had they exploded. I am proud of the men that serve...this may be a new spin on things though...Keep praying for safety for the troops, please pray for wisdom from the White House leaders down to the squad leaders...BUT also pray that God would lay it upon the hearts of other men in the United States to join in these efforts. Enlistment is at an almost record low, and the "draft" isn't a politically wise move (I guess), but the load that the men and women in the military is being asked to carry is far to great for those in the military. In addition to that the military is unable to let people go whose enlistment is over...this has happened to us twice. We are on a year on, year off cycle to Iraq. We have three small boys at home and my husband has been gone more than 2.5 years of my 5 year olds life. Is this fair? I try to trust God with our lives and I know that he in is sovereignty has allowed Ryan to go back to Iraq, but the spouses and the soldiers are struggling so much and marriages are falling apart left and right! Please pray for the military marriages.

All I can say is that I agree with everyone's point of veiw. That might sound wishy washy, but I do believe that God put Bush into this presidency and he has a purpose for him being there. Even Judas of Iscariot who brought about the crucifiction of Christ was Gods will and one of Christ's very own dicpiples. I can't say I "understand" his decision in that. Bt hey I am sure grateful for my forgiveness and salvation!!!! Nonethe less He is soverign and knows what is meant for the greater good of his people.

I also see the pain and hurt being in the military causes for these families that are involved. My brothers marriage was torn apart to some exent by the pressures of the militaries. He is now remarried to a woman he met in the military, but had to leave the military in order to be with her. In honesty, they were ridiculous to him about the whole situation. I am glad he is not there any more.

On the other hand. Ther are wonderful things happening to these people that are not being made known to the public. We do have to trust that God sees everything and in knowing it, He is there to help us through it. He is using these situations to mold his children into his image. Sometimes we need to see the wickedness of the world to truly understand why God was so angry, and had to send his "very own son" , in order to bridge the gap between us and Him.

War is a very sad thing. Innocent lives are taken. In My opinion, there isnt much good about it, except for the freedom we have.None the less. War is biblical. And it says in revelations that these wars are the signs of the end times. War has always been God's wrath upon the wicked. Like I said, I may not understand the reasons, but I do know that God is soveriegn and has His will in mind. Still , my heart goes out to the troops and to their families, this is not an easy thing to endure. Your all in my prayers.

secondchance

Slavery and stoning witches are biblical too, but we don't do them any more, thank God!

War has always been God's wrath upon the wicked...do you also agree with Pat Robertson that we deserved 9/11?

ashbee77,

I didn't mean to offend you. Do not misunderstand me. I am not "for war", I am merely stating the fact in the bible. I don't agree with them at all. Like I said the only good from them is our freedom. Everything else in my opinion is not worth it at all. But God is in control whether we like it or not and he is allowing them. He does also warn us of them.

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed.Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.Nation wil rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom .There will be famines and earthquakesin various places. All these are the beginings of birth pains."Matthew 24:6-7 (Signs of the End of the age)

Once again I am not agreeing with wars. I would be devestated if my husband or my son had to go there. And even more so, if they lost their lives. But I am mearly saying that we cannot fight against what is inevitable because these things are to come to fulfill the prophecy of Christ's second coming. It is a very controvercial subject.

Second chance

HI Everybody!

I think it is so hard sometimes to read the news. It is so one sided and totally against Bush and Republicans--. I really like Bush and most of what he stands for. I think the war is not what we thought it was going to be. We just need to have daily prayer for Gods hand and pray for His will!

I just pray that all of us in this forum, stand strong in Gods Will and not conform to the will of man.

God bless,

Dawn

ashbee77,

I didn't mean to offend you. Do not misunderstand me. I am not "for war", I am merely stating the fact in the bible. I don't agree with them at all. Like I said the only good from them is our freedom. Everything else in my opinion is not worth it at all. But God is in control whether we like it or not and he is allowing them. He does also warn us of them.

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed.Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.Nation wil rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom .There will be famines and earthquakesin various places. All these are the beginings of birth pains."Matthew 24:6-7 (Signs of the End of the age)

Once again I am not agreeing with wars. I would be devestated if my husband or my son had to go there. And even more so, if they lost their lives. But I am mearly saying that we cannot fight against what is inevitable because these things are to come to fulfill the prophecy of Christ's second coming. It is a very controvercial subject.

Second chance

Lots of things are inevitable, but our participation in them isn't. Nobody would say "lots of people are having abortions, it's inevitable that they will continue, therefore it makes no difference whether I have one."

I'm not offended by anything you said, particularly, it's just that I don't see much grey area when it comes to invading countries that haven't attacked us.

My "official" position is that God instructed us to pray for our leaders (I Timothy 2:1-2) and to submit to their leadership (Romans 13:1, Hebrews 13:17, I Peter 2:13") and so that's what I do. I may "hear" a lot of things that make me think this war shouldn't be, but a whole lot of people who's full-time job it is to make these decisions initially thought that this war was necessary... and although circumstances may have changed they are still saying that we should remain to finish the job that was begun. Until I am privy to every bit of information the president and other governmental leaders have access to, I don't believe I have a right to accuse them of wrong-doing. Does this mean I have to sit silently? No! I believe that as a responsible citizen and voter, it is my job to call them to the plate on every decision they make... knowing that they are going to be held accountable is necessary for them to properly weigh their decisions. But, unless and until it is proven that they have acted inappropriately then I will remain in support. So, let those who have suspicion go ahead and respectably investigate and until then all the slander needs to stop (I Peter 2:1 "Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.")

Laurie

My "official" position is that God instructed us to pray for our leaders (I Timothy 2:1-2) and to submit to their leadership (Romans 13:1, Hebrews 13:17, I Peter 2:13") and so that's what I do. I may "hear" a lot of things that make me think this war shouldn't be, but a whole lot of people who's full-time job it is to make these decisions initially thought that this war was necessary... and although circumstances may have changed they are still saying that we should remain to finish the job that was begun. Until I am privy to every bit of information the president and other governmental leaders have access to, I don't believe I have a right to accuse them of wrong-doing. Does this mean I have to sit silently? No! I believe that as a responsible citizen and voter, it is my job to call them to the plate on every decision they make... knowing that they are going to be held accountable is necessary for them to properly weigh their decisions. But, unless and until it is proven that they have acted inappropriately then I will remain in support. So, let those who have suspicion go ahead and respectably investigate and until then all the slander needs to stop (I Peter 2:1 "Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.")

Laurie

I am tired so hopefully this will make sense..

Well said, I agree 100% I too prayed for Bush to become president and felt led to by the holy spirit to do so. I still feel lead to pray for him constantly. We do have an obligation under God to abide by them and submit to their authority. There alot of great things that Bush stands for. With Christ being one of them I am all for that. We do have to trust that because God allowed him to be the president and based on the knowledge that Bush submits to God's authority in his own life, he will recieve God's wisdom on how to run our country. If we don't like what he is doing, the only thing to do is continue to pray.

Like I said, we cannot be against what the bible says "will" happen. There is no stopping God , even if we dont like it. I dont like it because of what it stands for,but I have to trust that God will as he says he will, give us the strength to endure it.!

Secondchance

My "official" position is that God instructed us to pray for our leaders (I Timothy 2:1-2) and to submit to their leadership (Romans 13:1, Hebrews 13:17, I Peter 2:13") and so that's what I do.

Of course, since this is directed to all the Christians on earth, this precept about leaders would apply to Saddam Hussein when he was in power, and it would apply to Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jong-Il, etc. (As Paul was writing in the days of Caligula, Claudius and Nero, this is not some oversight.)

Until I am privy to every bit of information the president and other governmental leaders have access to, I don't believe I have a right to accuse them of wrong-doing.

I don't remember John the Baptist calling for congressional hearings as a precondition of denouncing Herod, but maybe I missed something.

ut, unless and until it is proven that they have acted inappropriately then I will remain in support. So, let those who have suspicion go ahead and respectably investigate and until then all the slander needs to stop (I Peter 2:1 "Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.")

Disbelieving someone is not slander. "Innocent until proven guilty" is a great thing in a court of law, but it doesn't mean we have to be stupid until proven smart when it comes to judging our leaders' performance.

I think this is not the place for this type of discussion, there are a million other forums out there to debate this issue. This is a very sensitive subject and people tend to feel very strongly about it.

Let's talk about KIDS and Loving our husbands and our hopes and dreams and walk with The Lord!

Just imho.

what we can do is pray!

You do have a point. America appears tp be the agreesor and who is to say that this particular war was absolutley needed or is indeed God's "will".Still, we are in it. The word of God says that they will happen. What can I do in honesty? I cannot march up to the president myself and tell him where he should go and how to get there. I cannot stop those woman who choose abortion instead of life. But what I can do is pray. I can do only those things which I am capable of doing. Prayer changes things and it changes people.

Though we would like to think that we live in a happy place where everything is wonderful, we dont. We live in a fallen world filled with fallen people which is goverened by the father of lies, a fallen angel. People have the power to choose. It is their God -given right. I can pray for people to make the right decisions and do their best to make this place I live in as comfortable as possible.I can also huff and puff about all the things I don't like about this place but in reality it will get worse and Jesus himself warned me of this very thing.I see it happening before my own eyes. However, I choose to make my life and days down here on this earth to matter and one way that I can do that, is take those people that need prayer, to my heavenly father on my knees. I choose, that MY life should please him. That is all I have control over. Me! I do not work in the government so I cannot make their decisions for them. Therefore I must pray that the person above them, the one who has authority over him/her will teach and admonish them to live a life rightly related to their God thus making again the right decisions for this country and our nation.

Fighting and trying to proove points of opinion, are exactly what start the very thing you hate....wars.From where I stand...... I kneel and pray.

"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death , and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At the time many will turn away from their faith and will betray and hate eachother, and, and many false prophets will appear and decieve many people 'because of the increase in wickedness', the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm until the end, will be saved." Matthew 24:9-13

" For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ehesians 6:12

I think Bush is doing the best with what he is working with. Remeber the news is totally against Bush and his Christian views. They will attack him relentlessly, because of his views on Homosexuality. abortion, and Christianity. Think of what the media wants, they aren't going to show anything good that Bush does! The media is leading the way at removing Christianity from the USA.

We can have a new T.V. program I think called "The Book of Daniel"! I won't watch it, but seen the previews on it. People already have such a distorted view of Christianity because of the media, always showing the negative.

But, God does put bad people into leadership and Good people into Leadership. We don't always know his reason, but we just have to trust into him.

Dawn

If I weren't a Christian why would I be here?

But, God does put bad people into leadership and Good people into Leadership. We don't always know his reason, but we just have to trust into him.

Perhaps Bush should've trusted that God had a reason for wanting Saddam Hussein in power in Iraq?

Ashbee, I want tp apologize, I should have never even posted that. I am truly sorry. You have some great points. This will be my last post on this subject. We are all split on this and I don't want to have any conflicts with our Sisters in Christ.

God bless to All!

Some of ya can start a thread to sing Kum ba ya, but as for me, I support President Bush's decisions. I believe his faith is strong and he is following God's will for him.