Sunshyne

Help!!! Baby needs to eat more!

I need help. I have a 4 month old BG. She weighs 9 lbs. The NP we are seeing wants her to eat what we eat more. I got a baby bullet, but I have NO IDEA how to mix her foods with formula so it doesn't taste HORRIBLE!!!! I've tried strawberries and yogurt. But I know nothing about adding meat or anything. I HAVE to get this baby to gain weight in the next 2 weeks or else there will be more trouble. PLEASE give me some ideas! And if you've ever been through this and had the state involved, please send me some encouragement. 

Any luck with her gaining weight since you posted this?

I had a lot of trouble breastfeeding my BG and she had weight gain, but it was slow. Question, are you breastfeeding? If so, have you tried adding your own milk to foods instead of formula. My BG hated formula, so I used water when things asked for liquid instead or my own milk. 

You could also try letting her play with some food on the tray before using a spoon. Or heating the food up can help...my daughter hates it if it was right from the fridge. It atleast had to be room temp or warmed slightly. Definitely not an expert, just some ideas!

At one point, when my husband and I were desperate for my BG to gain weight we used a plastic seringe to suck up pumped breast milk and then inject that directly into her mouth going from the corners on the mouth. This was when she had issues latching or sucking enough before getting tired out. You can use the kind of plastic seringes that come with baby tylenol for example. I would only do this with breast milk and never other food types. Just another idea!