Abortion

Abortion  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Abortion

• Pro-Choice
    • Pro-Life
    • Not sure
    • Other: please explain

I was shocked to discover that some/most churches are pro-choice (pro-abortion). I am interested to find out how many Christian Moms are pro-choice or pro-life.

I don't quite know what exactly is meant by pro-life or pro-choice.

But I am Against Abortion .

I believe that a child is a person at conception and therefore any deliberate action to end that life would be akin to murder .

In the UK there doesn't seem to be such emphasis on these issues.

I am aware that there are sometimes dilemas whre the mothers life is at risk but every effort should be made to preserve life no matter whos.

[some may know we have experience of this , my niece had to be born too early as her mother was gravely ill , the little one is still with us but very poorly ]

W2

Pro-Life means against abortion, Pro-choice is a gentle euphemism for a woman who believes that it is her body and her choice to decide to end her baby's life.

I am most definitely pro-life. But I wanted to comment that it seems so odd to me that people who are pro-abortion refer to themselves as pro-choice, when truly they act as though if you choose life for your baby despite difficult circumstances you must not have really known that you had a choice. To them, it's only really a choice, if you exercise your right to murder a unborn child.

I agree Joy. And I don't like the term "pro-life" either. Then it's assumed you're against the death penalty as well. I'm against murder, not justice. Sometimes the pro-abortion crowd refers to us as anti-choice. That is so wrong! I'm only against the 'choice' to muder innocent humans in the fetal stage of life. I'm pro-innocent life, or anti-abortion. Once you get rid of the "life of the mother' myth there is no reason for it at all, ever.

AMEN! I cringe when I think about abortion. How can anyone who has experienced the miracle of having a child even consider this option. " For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb . I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. ALL THE DAYS ORDANED FOR ME WERE WRITTEN IN YOUR BOOK BEFORE ONE OF THEM CAME TO BE. " Psalm139: 17.

Now I know outside of the christian church this verse doesn't mean much, but as christians, Having a personal realationship with Christ, You either believe what the bible says or you don't. I think it's very clear.

And I can't stand the arguments that are given to support it. I used to buy into it, well, it's ok if it's because you got raped, of if you think your child may be born with some terrible birth defects. It is the taking of a life that GOD himself created no matter which way you turn it. Who is any one to say that God has made a mistake. The fact of the matter is the majority of women who get abortions are middle class white women who choose this as a convienient option.

We were just talking about Abortion in my World Geography class the other day. (because we are studying the different religons....hmm...I onder how we got to the Abortion topic then...:eek: ) Anyways...I'm against it. Definitely. My Geography teacher told us about her friend... that was expecting a child... and she had gone through MANY miscarraiges... but her husband REALLY wanted to have a baby of their own. So they tried again. But their were "complications with the pregnancy" and the told her that If she went through the pregnancy and actually had the baby, then she would die. Or- if she wanted to they could "terminate the pregnancy". She chose to go through with the pregnancy... and she died. She thought that abortion was wrong.. and she wanted to give her husband what he's always wanted. So...to this day- the husband is taking care of that little girl. (of course she's 4 now...but still...) Just thought I'd share..hehe..:p

Pro-Choice is NOT synonomous with Pro-Abortion. The prefix PRO means to be FOR something. Thus PRO-Choice people are FOR choice, whatever it may be. Being PRO-Abortion makes you FOR abortion ONLY.

Please don't confuse the two.

Pro-choice sounds so nice and sugar coated don't you think? We are supposted to think, how terrible to take the right of choice away from a mother. I guess that makes pro life people pregnancy nazis.

If I use your definition of PRO abortion, ( pro abortion is for abortion only) You would be hard pressed to find even one single person on this earth who believes in abortion only. That no matter what, a pregnancy should be terminated. That's just silly.

So what is your point. I guess it is just that we shouldn't use the term pro abortion. After all, it sounds so much nicer to say pro choice. I say let's call a spade a spade. We are either saying it is OK to give a woman the choice to end a human life or it is not.

I won't be offended if I am called anti choice. Because I AM against giving a woman the choice to end a human life. It is wrong even with the sugar coating!

I don't mean to come across mean, but, Christians have been taking the easy road for too long. This world is in pretty bad shape because we havn't stepped up to do our part. We are so careful about what we say, so we don't offend anyone. If what God teaches sounds offensive then, I guess I will just have to come across that way too. Lauren

I agree, except I would be offended if I am called anti choice. I am only against the choice to murder a preborn child in the womb. In "pro-choice" the choice that is in favor here is abortion. They defend the act of abortion. Yes, they let the woman 'choose' if she wants one (how nice of them) but they are still in favor a woman's "right to choose abortion." I perfer anti-abortion myself. It says what I really feel. Killing your child should not be a choice for anyone, ever.

I came from a family that was split and my mother remarried a man 1/2 her age. I left home at 17 years old and was fully mansipated. I became pregnant at 18 and was faced with the option of an abortion or to have the child. I went to a counseling center a/k/a abortion clinic. I had an abortion and have lived with the regret ever since. I now have 2 children 14 and 16 great children, I waited until I was 25 to start my family. I think that abortion should not be allowed. I know that the lord has forgiven me but I will always live with the death of my unborn child on my hands. I say it's a life long decision and if I could go back I would change things. I am raising my daughter different than I was raised and abortion is never an option. I hope she listens and waits til Marriage, I try to stay way involved so she will stay close and not be where she would be it that kinda position. I say If your thinking of abortion (don't)

Since this thread is active, I just wanted to share a link:

http://www.feministsforlife.org/

Although there are numerous anti-abortion organizations out there, I think this one is interesting because it tries to focus on the myth about abortion being a trump card for women rather than simply sharing what God's word says about life. Although God's word is true and is the foundation for any true statement, it doesn't mean a lot to some people - this organization provides anti-abortion informational tools that may reach the non-believer.

Laurie

It is good to be anti-abortion. It is also good to be pro-life. Our life comes from God. Being "pro-life" should not be confused with being against criminal law. Gods Word is Life and if death is Gods command for those who commit crimes worty of death, then Christians are still pro-life! When we believe what the Bible says, no matter what the issue, we are pro-life. Jesus lives!

If it is NOT a baby, then HOW can you be PREGNANT?

I am PRO LIFE - Not PRO DEATH.

How is that for clarification.

If it is NOT a baby, then HOW can you be PREGNANT?

I am pro life mostly. However, I don't feel that a mother should jeopardize her life or if it is a product of rape, incest, etc. I just feel that each situation should be weighed accordingly and much meditation before making a rash decision. I personally could never have an abortion and I have heard about the nightmares my sister and my sister in law have had.

In all pregnancies, even those brought about by rape or incest, God knew the conception would occur and in his perfect wisdom he choose to bring new life promising that all things work together for good to those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28). It may be one of the most difficult things a woman ever does but I doubt most would regret seeing the beauty of new life rising out of the ashes of pain. God can give amazing gifts to an open heart.

Laurie

I was 19 when my oldest dd was born, my dh (boyfriend at the time) would have only been a junior in highschool. when we first found out about the pregnancy we considered abortion. i believe we were just scared out of our wits about what was happening. I knew that I could never go through with it, my conscious wouldn't allow it, and I'm sure my dh knew he couldn't either in the back of his mind. When we learned that it could complicate future pregnancies, thats when we just said, no way. I'm so grateful it never got more than a thought, altho I sometimes regret even that. It was hard, and has been since then, but thankfully my dh stuck by me which is rare, and our dd is such a beautiful, smart, amazing, (gosh i could go on and on) person. our lives aren't perfect, they aren't easy, but I believe my dd saved me from going down the wrong path even more, and helped turn my life around. Sometimes I think of her as an "abortion survivor" cuz so many teens in our situation go the other way, but God was looking after her before she was ever born.

I agree! Abortion is a very sad way to go.My mother worked at the crisis pregnancy center here where we live , and their whole ministry was trying to help woman find alternatives to having abortions, or find spiritual and emotional healing after having one. It really is hard after you have had one. It is an emotional battle that will stay with you for life. Having the child 's life out of your care, doesn't mean that you won't still struggle with the emotional baggage and guilt it took to make that step. I have met too many woman that have made the choice to have an abortion and have regreted it in the long run and many years toyiling with guilt. So we can see why a God who is thinking of our best interest, always, isnt just commanding for the sake of it. he realizes the journey of struggles ahead of them. We can pray ladies for these places, like planned parent hood to be shut down. A Prayer group from our church years back prayed for this very thing to happen to one close to our homes, and no joke... the next day it was shut down.God hears the prayers of this . It is a very tender subject I am sure with him. he longs for these woman to not have that choice shown to them but find the truth and the alternate ways.

Just so you know, when I was 7 years old, I wrote a letter to the president about abortion and he sent me back a magazine of the White House. People just do not take it seriously enough!!!!! I will pray for these churches to do their job and preach Life, because that is what Jesus would do.(WWJD) second Chance

In Australia now they are talking about the UB42? pill, its an abortion pill. The debate is still going on about whether there is a go ahead all not the decisions the politions have to make. My sister had two abortions, life circumstances, understandable when you don't know the Jesus. I think if you don't put yourself in the situation where you are not ready to have a baby, don't do it! It is over before you know it, its not that easy when you are then pregnant you cannot take anything like this lightly, consider it murder! Know Jesus and what he says is right obey! But I'll put this question out the only cirumstance I can ask to anyone who has the Holy Spirit in them - what would you views be on the only circumstance I can think of is - rape! What would you do if you were raped and fell pregnant and had Jesus as your saviour?

AML

I'm prolife for sure. I don't agree with abortion during any circumstances. And i applaud up all the ladies who have had their babies even when they knew their baby was going to have birth defects or got pregnant due to rape. My cousin has a baby who was born with birth defects and she and her husband chose to still have the baby. And the Lord has actually use that little one to bring them to Him. I have also heard of many cases were a pregnant woman has been told that their little one is going to born with birth defects and when the baby is born they are perfect! Now could you imagine if those moms had abortions?! Also i believe that if a women is raped she has the option to put the baby up for adoption. Being raped is a hard situation to go through but murder is murder and one of the ten commandments is not to murder period. It doesn't say it's okay for you to commit murder under certain circumstances. Why fix a wrong with another wrong? Anyway that is my opinion. Sorry for rambling but the topic of abortion really heats me up especially if people are for it. I just don't think it's fair for the baby. And you ladies are right it really irritates when people call us anti choice because we believe in allowing the baby to live. Makes us sound negative. :mad:

Pro-life! How do you think I ended up with a set of twins and 3 other kids?

:p

I love them to death-don't get me wrong. And if I were to get pregnant again, which would be in the WAY WAY future with a new husband if I get married again, then I would of course keep the baby.

JMO.

I am pro choice, I do not believe that pro choice directly equals pro abortion, because it doesn't. I, myself would never have an abortion, I do believe that abortion is the same thing as murder. But at the same time, none of us have the place to tell any other women what they should or shouldn't do, every women has to make that CHOICE on her own, reguardless if it's right or wrong in our eyes.

Every one of us every day has the choice to do right or wrong and no one can ever take that choice from us. It doesn't matter if we want to eat a twinkie instead of a carrot or if we want to take the life of another human being - we have a choice in everything. It's not an issue of whether or not the right to choose exists, it's a question of whether or not the government should sanction certain options as being ok.

The government has been sanctioned by God to enforce consequences on people for making certain wrong choices. God has left it up to personal freedom to govern what color we paint the exterior of our homes (aside from some strict HOAs), regardless of how tacky and wrong of a choice some of us make. But the Lord takes his gift of life seriously enough that he declared that murder of another person is an offense against him personally, and therefore he commissioned governments to punish those who commit murder.

When an individual takes the life of another individual outside the womb, we punish them to the most severe extent of the law. The underlying question isn't whether or not it's wrong to choose to kill a child before it's birth (because even some of the most die-hard pro-choice proponents will admit they don't agree), the question is whether the government can enforce consequences when an individual chooses to overstep this particular law of morality and decency.

I am glad to hear that you don't agree with the choice to abort a baby's life, but if you take the position of standing by silently while they make this choice, why bother to support and encourage anyone to any healthy choice in any other area of life?

Laurie

Some good sites regarding this issue:

http://www.feministsforlife.org/ - Feminists for Life: Women Deserve Better Than Abortion

http://www.jfaweb.org/ - Justice For All: A mission to create debate, change hearts, and save lives.

I do not believe in Abortion. In any situation it is NOT the babies fault. every baby has a right to life. If the mother does not "want" the baby there are plenty of good adoptive parents who want them. I know woman and men who were somehow involved with abortions. It haunts them and they regret it.

One statistic I heard not too long ago on the radio was something to the effect of:

More children have been 'killed' by abortion in America than people murdered when Hitler took over and iradicated the Jewish population of Germany.

I also heard of this site: (I believe it is a safe site)

http://www.abortionfacts.com

Personally it does bother me....I mean, some people say...what about the health of the mother, what about rape, what about incest. Yes, those are valid concerns and my own mother dealt with health issues as well. When she was pregnant with her third son they told her it would kill her...but she kept him and thank God he is alive and well today, in his 20's and serving in the Navy to protect our country.(yes she survived and is also a breast cancer surviver too, praise God)

God says that His ways are not our ways, and that He has a plan for us...so I guess it's hard to know what matters more. Our own plans or perhaps the plans God may intend for that little one growing inside of a mother that doesn't want to have the baby.

Typically the issues of Rape result in less pregnancies than people worry about. Perhaps there should be some options...I don't know. But it's hard for me to say that killing an unborn baby is the right one. I saw an educational presentation by a lady that at one time was a nurse aiding doctors in abortions. She showed some graphic pictures of aborted fetuses...it was heart wrenching. She talked about how guilty she felt and how God was healing her and that her mission was to educate people about the truth. To think that our society has come to the point where taking a nearly full term baby 90% out and stabbing it in the brain with scissors is considered humane....or pulling it out in parts and tossing away perfectly formed hands...hands formed by our Almighty God. What have we brought upon ourseslves as a people when the most vulnerable are considered expendable and ....just tissue to throw in the garbage.

I guess I didn't realize this issued affected me as much as it does until I started writing. My heart goes out to all those that have chosen or been 'convinced' by others to abort their unborn.....

I guess all in all God does give us the choice...between right and wrong...life and death...but...I think there needs to be more education on this issue...the real facts need to be presented. Many people have had issues with health, not being able to have children later, depression/guilt, horrified dreams, haunting thoughts etc.

I guess I believe this is more than a convenient option to make life easier or safer for the mom to be and those involved....this shows the condition of our culture...where we have our focus....what we consider to be important and where we place our value. Not just an 'issue' to debate so that someone can get 'their' way. I believe in the 'right of choices' but I don't believe any form of murder should be allocated a legal choice. Murder is not legal...the Lacy Peterson case showed that Scott was guilty of murder and they were even afraid to say he was guilty of murdering the baby because of the implications upon abortion rights in saying the baby was a "murder victim".(sorry tangent)

It's really sad for many many reasons.....it simply just breaks my heart...devistating.

I don't think anyone would have to even wonder what God thinks about it all...there must be billions of babies up in heaven with the best dad in the world taking care of them. :D

-my intentions were not to be hateful or insulting...I sincerely hope that no one was bothered by what I had to say...these were just heartfelt thoughts and emotions flowing freely as I typed what had intended to be a very short bit of opinion....