Abortion

Abortion  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Abortion

• Pro-Choice
    • Pro-Life
    • Not sure
    • Other: please explain

I said "other" beacause I don't believe it is the right thing to do...I believe it is murder BUT I have had one...my dd was 5 mo old and colicky, my ex was cheating (3+ girls at 1x) I was still healing from a high risk pregnancy gest diabetes and suffering from deep depression. The new baby would be high risk too. I would have kept the baby but I was an emotional, mental and physical wreck. My mom and ex pushed for abortion and so I went. It was awful. I was a Christian and knew how God felt but had backslidden. Ex was not allowed past the doors in surgery and I sat there alone, terrified and praying for forgiveness, peace -anything. I believe God was there with me and He gave me peace...I beleive it hurt Him but I felt as if he was holding my hand...maybe not but it comforts me and it helped at the time. I will never get another one and I will never advocate for someone to do so but I wil never condemn if they do...Thats Gods job. My only against in banning it is that there will be a return to secretive 'backalley abortions' by people who aren't Christian or who have strict parents who will condemn them and in that time of panic and scareyness and pressure (from boy and family etc) will do something wrong instead of seeing all the options. I beleive that people ought not to do the condemning I guess and leave it up to the Lord...you know if pators daughtergets preg then talk to her and stuff but don't banish her or disown her etc :(

Thank you Eek for having the courage to share this very personal testimony.

You are so right Eek, we are not called to condemn.... but we are called to speak the truth in love. I think God allows these divisive issues in order to teach us to be peaceable and to show love to others even when they are lost.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of false "statistics" floating around out there regarding the backalley abortions of previous days; more woman are harmed and killed by abortions these days than ever were when abortion was illegal.

I am so sorry to hear that you were ever in this situation Eek... if you have repented in your heart know that God really truly has forgiven you and He loves you just as much as He ever did. Can I recommend a good book that might help you find healing? It's called I'll Hold You In Heaven and it's by Jack Hayford. I read it after my daughter died immediately after her birth. It is written to any parent who has lost a child during pregnancy or infancy, regardless of the circumstances of the loss.

Thank you again for sharing.

Laurie

I am hands-down pro-life. I became pregnant at the age of 16. Believe me, I was scared to death and I can understand all the things that might be running through your mind in that situation, but honestly abortion never ran through my mind. I have always believed that it is murder. With all the dumb choices I was making back then, I knew better than to do something like that. Luckily, Billy was definitely against abortion as well. Neither of us even considered it at all.

In Australia now they are talking about the UB42? pill, its an abortion pill. The debate is still going on about whether there is a go ahead all not the decisions the politions have to make. My sister had two abortions, life circumstances, understandable when you don't know the Jesus. I think if you don't put yourself in the situation where you are not ready to have a baby, don't do it! It is over before you know it, its not that easy when you are then pregnant you cannot take anything like this lightly, consider it murder! Know Jesus and what he says is right obey! But I'll put this question out the only cirumstance I can ask to anyone who has the Holy Spirit in them - what would you views be on the only circumstance I can think of is - rape! What would you do if you were raped and fell pregnant and had Jesus as your saviour?

AML

I think the child is a good come from something bad. I would have to fully trust the Jesus would help me to use the carrying of the child and the delivery as a way to heal. I may just consider giving the baby up for adoption as well. Those are my thoughts...I have not been in the situation myself though.

I'm pro-life in all stages - from conception to natural death. Our church is as well. Life can be full of suffering - but I believe that God never gives your more than you can handle. His grace is always sufficient, even in cases where an abortion may seem to be the "best" answer.

I guess I believe that my body is mine but God decides when and where it will happen and if He wants it to live, it is not my place to judge. It is a life and although my body belongs to me, who am I to say that that child's body is mine?

At the moment of conception, that baby is a person. Scientists and doctors come up with dehumanizing names such as embryo and fetus to take away the guilt of murder, but when you have an abortion, that is what you are doing. You are murdering your child.

Jeremiah1:4-5

"Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you."

Clearly God agrees.

I am againist abortion, I also believe that there are EXTREME cases where I would have to make that decision. But these cases do happen and sometimes choices have to be made. I'm not talking someone gets pregnant and doesn't want a baby so they abort it. I def am againist it being used as birth control.

The live of the mother over the life of the baby again I hope to God I never have to make that choice and we can all say I know what i would do but until you are truly in that situation you don't know.

I have a friend whose daughter just turned 10 and started her period, she is a 4th grader if something horrible happened in the case of rape or sexual abuse and she got pregnant and it biologically could happen...again horrible choice I'm not so sure I would force my 10 yr old daughter to give birth.

My daughter is a freshman in high school if she were raped and got pregnant, it would be her choice and i would support it.

I think for anyone to say I am completely againist abortions no if, ands, or buts about it no matter what the circumstances surrounding it are is perhaps presumptious because I am very much againist abortion, every thing in life has 2 sides and life isn't black and white in some cases and I think you have to be willing to look at the whole picture.

James Robison {of Life Today}, check out how his mother became pregnant with him. Look at the lives he has ministered too and brought to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ......He is a living testimony of the power of God!!!!

Edited by Song of Joy