Sign in to follow this  
TwinCrier

Creation or Evolution

Creation or Evolution  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Creation or Evolution

• The Bible. God said it, I believe God, that settles it.
    • Theistic evolution. Genesis is a parable. We evolved over billions of years, with God's help.
    • Science. Our ancestors crawled out of the primordial ooze all on their own.

who ?

GOD !

Genesis chapter 1 verse 27 : And God created Man in his image, in the image of God created he him;

does that answer your question ?

W2

I recently read a very good book on this subject , it's clear and easy to understand , in fact it has been translated into many different languages and is used as a text book in some countries .

it is called " AND GOD SAID ... " written by Dr Farid Abou-Rahme.

Creation

I know that sometimes it is so hard to believe that the Bible is all truth, and I can especially see why a non-believer finds it almost impossible to believe. I am far from a bible scholar...as a matter of fact, if you quizzed me on bible trivia, I would fail, but I believe based on my life! FAITH is the most wonderful gift from God we could have ever been given. (ok...ranks up there with forgiveness of sins) I believe what the bible says because of my blind faith. God has never let me down. He has always been by my side. There have been times that He didn't necessarily come through the way I would have liked, but in the end, He is always right...closes one door...but always opens another. For these reasons, I know the Bible is truth. With God's hand, the bible was written, and I hold onto that! I feel for the non-believers who have never allowed themselves to rely on faith and sit back and allow God to work in their lives. It is just the most amazing feeling in the world!!!

It's Definitely God!

You should read the book "The Evolution of a Creationist" by Jobe Martin. He just came to speak at our church. Not only can we believe God's Word on faith, but there is a lot of scientific "proof" and "evidence" that points towards literal creationism and NOT evolutionary "theory" (which is all it is, by the way, since evolution has never been proven). Check out his website at http://www.biblicaldiscipleship.org

amyb1217, I just reciently downloaded that book off the internet. I haven't read it all, but, what I did was really good. An inportant point is, if we all evolved from apes, than that means Mary the mother of Jesus, was just a decendant of apes. What would that make Jesus himself? I believe we were created in the image of God.

The Genesis Question

Within the past year I read The Genesis Question by Hugh Ross and it really provided some new perspective on the creation argument. Basically, Mr. Ross points out that the Bible was written to be read by all people throughout all the ages and therefore it doesn't go into great scientific detail that today's sceptics are looking for... that would make the Bible irrevelant to someone exposed to it in, say, the 5th century. Additionally, the Bible was not intended as a "how-to manuel" for anyone looking to create their own universe; God, in his infinite wisdom, knows that it doesn't matter whether we have 100% knowledge and understanding of his creation process - he simply wanted to state that he did indeed create. Despite all the scientific data that God choose to leave out of His Word, Mr. Ross does review the fact that nothing that is included is in any way contradictory to the scientific evidences we have today regarding the origins of the universe. For example, the statistical chance that Moses would have accurately ordered creation events, as science has confirmed he did, is basically impossible (I forget the figure... it's been a bit since I read the book).

The book is a bit of a heavier read... lots of beefy scientific talk. It's not one that I easily ingested; but, the author goes slowly so that even the non-scientific reader can follow his arguements.

I believe the word of God is inspired. I believe it is a window of opportunity for us to see into the mind or eye of God himself and his plan for existance; for man and for this universe.His word lays it out there for us so that we don't live in uncertainty, but so that we know that we are God's workmanship and he is not yet fininshed. To be made in the image of my creator is a very romantic and heroic measure by a loving and brilliant God. Why would I want to believe anything else? To do so is to take the beauty out of the story. To be evolved from a monkey?.... No thank you. I would rather be lovingly and tenderly crafted by the hand of my master. To me that is a honorable position. Therfeore I am given honor because I am made by GOD and in his image! Just sounds better dont ya think?

Second chance

Here's something to ponder-

Science, by its very definition, MUST not allow "God did it" as an answer. Science sees "God did it" as religion - not science. By BEING science, it CANNOT say "God did it", WHETHER IT IS TRUE OR NOT. "God did it" is not a scientific option. Therefore, all of Science's findings are based on the assumption that God DID NOT do it. Isn't this faith, too - faith in science? Ken Ham's "Answers in Genesis" is very good - see his website. I got very tied up researching carbon dating, fossils, etc etc., before I realized the whole basis of science. It really confused me before I realized WHY science said what it did. And one branch of science uses evidences from other branches of science, etc, so the whole thing is a mess. God has made the "wisdom of man" truly foolishness.

Who do you believe about where we came from?

I absolutely believe in God& the bible. God said it, I believe it! He does NOT contradict himself!!

AMEN AND AMEN!!!!!!!!

Amanda:)

*~Saved by Grace!~*

One thing God doesn't do is beat around the bush... even if that bush is burning. If God had meant for Genesis to mean that we evolved over billions of years, so on and so forth, then he would have said it. How hard is that to comprehend? These devil-controlled scientists come up with their theories that contradict GOD and spout it as truth. There is only ONE TRUTH, and you won't find it in a lab.

I believe the bible. The bible says... Genesis 1:26-28 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likenesss: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Then Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

As you see here the bible is very clear of who made us. God did. I believe what God says. May you be opened to the truth of what Gods word says. God bless.

Onfire4jesus

The bible is all I need! So I know %100 without a doubt, that I was created in the image of GOD!! I didn't not evolve from anything, especially a monkey!!

Anything by Ken Ham answers pretty much every argument for evolution there is. I read Darwin's Plantation by Ken Ham and I would recommend it to everyone. I am not of a scientific mind so it was very helpful in explaining many things I had no idea were even issues to begin with. As a side note, you cannot believe some of the bible is true and some of it is just a story. Especially if it supposed to be your authority for life. All scripture is God-breathed.

That last option really made me laugh!!! Evolution is a joke and anyone who falls for that lie is a fool. Have you ever tried to talk to a little child about the theory of evolution, even children who don't come from Christian homes will wrinkle up their noses and shake their heads no at it ( it is very funny actually to see them respond in such faith) and they will say , No way that's not true. But read them Genesis, the Word of God's Creation and they will sit and smile and listen and clap and get happy and excited, Children know the truth, It's in their hearts. Just become like a little child and have faith in God's Word. They know evolution is nonsense and God is truth!!!

I believe that God created us

I also believe in evolution in the aspect of things constantly changing not in the aspect of we evolved from a simple organism as a monkey or a fish into a more complex organism such as homo-sapiens. Babies are created from a simple cell that over time divides and constantly grows into a very complex organism. That is evolution, but I believe that God created that process and he is the one behind it. It is also scientific as far as biology goes. again I don't believe we were all monkeys one day then over time turned into humans. God def. created us as we are today

Guest apovesat73

Creation or Evolution

What ever happened to creation through evolution, or evolution through creation? Could a theory be developed that included BOTH?

I am no authority, but I certainly think so.

John6273

I think it all depends on how you view evolution. Of course the theory that we evolved from monkeys is crazy. But like I said life constantly evolves. Look at the tress in the fall the leaves change and fall off and in spring they come back. We are born as babies and evolve into adults

Look at the different definations of the word evolution

ev⋅o⋅lu⋅tion  /ˌɛvəˈluʃən or, especially Brit., ˌivə-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ev-uh-loo-shuhn or, especially Brit., ee-vuh-]

–noun 1. any process of formation or growth; development: the evolution of a language; the evolution of the airplane.

2. a product of such development; something evolved: The exploration of space is the evolution of decades of research.

3. Biology. change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.

4. a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.

5. a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.

6. a pattern formed by or as if by a series of movements: the evolutions of a figure skater.

7. an evolving or giving off of gas, heat, etc.

8. Mathematics. the extraction of a root from a quantity. Compare involution (def. 8).

9. a movement or one of a series of movements of troops, ships, etc., as for disposition in order of battle or in line on parade.

10. any similar movement, esp. in close order drill.

We can't deny that evolution exist, to do that we would be denying science

Edited by heathbar

It is all in the seed, The DNA has already been created to transform into what it is programmed to become beforehand, a baby grows from a seed to a zygote.

A zygote, or zygocyte, is the initial cell formed when a new organism is produced by means of sexual reproduction. A zygote is synthesized from the union of two gametes, and constitutes the first stage in a unique organism's development. Zygotes are usually produced by a fertilization event between two haploid cells — an ovum from a female and a sperm cell from a male — which combine to form the single diploid cell. Such zygotes contain DNA derived from both the mother and the father, and this provides all the genetic information necessary to form a new individual.

In mammalian reproduction, after fertilization has taken place the zygote travels down the fallopian tube, while dividing to form more cells without the zygote actually increasing in size. This cell division is mitotic, and is known as cleavage. All mammals go through the zygote stage of life. Zygotes eventually develop into an embryo, and then a fetus. A human zygote exists for about four days, and becomes a blastocyst on the fifth day. This all occurs before implantation to the Mother's uterus.

The blastocyst grows into two parts, the inner part becomes an embryo and the outer part, called the trophoblast grows into a placenta. This all happens in 5 DAYS after fertilization and everything for this to happen was already present in the seed! I always find this so Amazing, so I am not yelling, I just get excited!

Created life moves into existence very quickly, then slows down in growth process.

The embryo grows into a fetus and the fetus into a fully developed baby able to survive outside the Mother's womb. Amazing!

Evolution-no, because in every area of growth still human DNA is found within the seed, but look at pictures of a developing fetus and especially of an embryo and it certainly doesn't look human, it looks like a blob, and then it looks like some kind of alien thing for a while, until finally tail becomes legs, stumps become arms and fingers, eyes look more human,and so on and so on.

Many of us do not look like Christ who are Christians yet, but we are born of the incorruptible seed of God's Word (The Word is Jesus Christ) and everything we need to grow into His Image is already implanted in us-Amazing! We will be finished one day too, and we shall become transformed into His Image.

So I refer to this growth process God formed and Created as His transforming plan or His transformation I do not call it evolution.

Edited by DiamondRing

any process of formation or growth;

why is it so bad to call it evolution??? the definition is stated above. A catepillar metamorphs or evolves into a butterfly. You can call it growing, transforming, morphing it all has the same end result with pretty much the same meaning

people hear the word evolution and they automatically tie it in with monkeys turning into humans and that just isn't the case

Yes, if evolution were taught as you defined it Heather, I wouldn't have any reason to take issue with it being taught because it would be taught in it's Truth and be real science, not some twist on the truth so people become confused on if God is real or not.

I won't call it evolution because it only causes more confusion to people who have been exposed to the idea of evolution with this twist of a lie that has been taught on it, then they think I believe we came from apes, or that birds came from dinosaurs, and I do not believe this. Since I do not want others to believe I believe something I do not, I use a different word to try and avoid them lumping me into the false science they call evolution.

Evolution as it is taught by the unbelieving atheist world is a total joke and entirely unfounded by true scientific data, it was a theory and though God welcomes our questions, theories are not facts. Darwin on his death bed it was reported on his past birthday anniversary on CBN had repented of ever writing about his theories. His theories have been used as a tool of satan to cause division among the people, and ultimately cause doubt about God's Word so less people believe His Word and come to put their faith in God for salvation.

I have a lot of issues about how evolution is taught as being separate from God being Our Creator and this article does good summing them up.

http://www.faithfacts.org/evolution-or-creation/bible-and-evolution-conflict

Edited by DiamondRing