Sign in to follow this  
mommy2liddy

Birthday Party ideas

My daughter will turn 2 on May 15 of this year. I still am not sure of how we will celebrate. Last year we had her party at Peter Piper's Pizza, and it was alright, but we went with their party schedule and things got rushed around. I think we may have the party there again this year, but just bring our own decorations instead of using theirs. I thought about an outdoor party at a local park, but I think that may be too hot for the little kids. We can't have the party at our house, because it is way too small. Any suggestions on different locations we might consider?

Try some local hotels. Most have meeting rooms, some are very pricey, but others have real good deals. Ask them their policy on bringing in food and what food services they have to offer. If you want to cut costs, you should plan the party between meals, so that all you need to serve is cake, icecream, drinks and maybe some other desserts. I was planning to have a party like this, but my family and my husband's family don't get along. So, we took her to the zoo instead. She loved it, and I didn't have any stress.

Hey, I went to an all night girl scout thing at Peter Piper's Pizza when I lived in Texas. Just had to mention that.

Some craft stores and gyms have children's parties now. Even some zoos are getting in on the action. We've done Chuck E. Cheese's, Mega-Play and Putt-Putt.

Don't kill yourself having a party for a 2 yearold .

They are excited enough about a cake , candles and cards just for them !

We generally just make it THEIR day , nothing fancy and maybe a special trip out if it's a holiday or Saturday .

And of course GRANDPA gets to come too !!!

Tomorrow I'm having a party for the first time really .

My daughter is 10 so we thought we'd mark the ocasion. Were are just having family over [4 generations ] but they'll have fun any way.

W2

Do you know her Auntie has refused to come !! I mean she could have made the effort to bring her 2 kids from Aus. to Scotland for a few hours :-p

ELIS you should be ashamed of yourself !! :-)

Birthday Parties!

I'm not a great one for birthday parties.

I'd say keep it simple, we tend to go to the park and let the kids play together and have a few wee games for them.

My last one was a family (well DH half) BBQ and it cost the earth and I thought I'd kept it simple till I got to the check out!!

Did you know my family didnt even come! But come to think of it I don't think I bothered to ask them!! So your one up on me "Wonka 2"!

Have a great day when all your parties come around, and don't forget the headache tablets - you'll need them!!

Elis

Do it special and unique. If it is your unique preference to have birthday parties in public restaurants, then make them special.

That's my advice.

My daughter will be 1 on the 26th of this month, and I'm thinking we're just going to have over our friends, get a free cake from Safeway, grill up some yummies and watch her go wild with birthday presents.

This party is more of a little something for us than it is for her. It's like throwing ourselves a graduation party cause we made it through the first year.

She gets to open all the presents, and we get to eat all the cake (since she only has one teeny little tooth).