Sign in to follow this  
christianmom

Bible Study - Life in Heaven?

Bible Study - Life in Heaven

What do you think life in Heaven will be like?

Read the scriptures below to see what the Bible has to say. Post your comments and let's talk about what you think it will be like.

-ChristianMom

A Life of Fellowship with God

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face (I Cor. 13:12)

Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you. I go there to prepare a place for you. I will come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am, there ye may be also (John 14:1-3).

Notes: We can look forward to eternal life because Jesus has promised it to all who believe in him.

A Life of Rest

Then I heard a voice from Heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor; for their deeds will follow them." (Rev. 14:13)

Notes: While it is true that money, fame and belongings can't be taken with us from this life, God's people can produce "fruit" that survives even death. God will remember our love, kindness, and faithfulness, and those who accept Christ through our witness will join us in the new earth. Be sure that your values are in line with God's values, and decide today to produce "fruit" that lasts forever.

A Life of Full Knowledge

...Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

(I Cor. 13:12)

Notes: Paul offers a glimpse into the future to give us hope that one day we will be complete when we see God face to face. This truth should strengthen our faith - we don't have all the answers now, but one day we will. Someday we will see Christ in person and be able to see with God's perspective.

A Life of Holiness

Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life. (Rev. 21:27)

Notes: Don't think that you will "get into heaven" because of your background, personality or good behavior. Eternal life is available to us only because of what Jesus did for us...dying on the cross for our sins, offering us the free gift of salvation.

A Life of Joy

And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. There will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, or pain, for the former things are passed away (Rev. 21:4)

Notes: No matter what you are going through, it's not the last word - God has written the final chapter, and it is about true fulfillment and eternal joy for those who love him. We do not know as much as we would like, but it is enough to know that eternity with God will be more wonderful than we could ever imagine.

A Life of Service

No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. (Rev. 22:3)

Notes: This means that nothing accursed will be in God's presence. This fulfills Zechariah's prophecy (see Zechariah 14:11).

A Life of Abundance

...To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. (Rev.21:6)

Notes: The water of life is a symbol of eternal life. Jesus used this same image with the Samaritan woman (John 4:7-14). It pictures the fullness of life with God and the eternal blessings that come when we believe in Him and allow Him to satisfy our spiritual thirst.

A Life of Glory

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. (II Cor. 4:17)

When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. (Col. 3:4)

Notes: Christ gives us the power to live for him now, and he gives us hope for the future - he will return. In the rest of this chapter Paul explains how Christians should act now in order to be prepared for Christ's return.

A Life of Worship

After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. (Rev. 7:9,10)

Notes: This multitude in heaven is composed of all those who remained faithful to God throughout the generations. No true believer ever need worry about which group he or she will be in. God includes and protects each of us, and we are guaranteed a place in his presence.

Re:Life in Heaven

Isn't it amazing to consider what it's going to be like in Heaven? I've given a lot of thought to what it's going to be like when I first meet Jesus, and can only imagine how wonderful that will be. Not much leaves me speechless, I confess, but the thought of my Lord and Savior standing right in front of me...words can't begin to describe it!

Un-Imaginable

I don't think we will ever be able to comprehend in any great measure what HEAVEN will be like .

It will be so totally different from anything we know .

We can't imagine not being governed by time etc.

Truely it will be AWESOME [ a much overused expression - but inadequate in this context ]

I'll meet you all there

W2

Wonderful. Honestly I am sure we have no idea what Heaven is going to be like. God is just so awsome and good that the home He is preparing for us just has to be the most awsome place to be. Especially because we will always be with him...standing in His presence...now what more could we ask for!

It's so good to know that I don't have to "work" my way into heaven. I would NEVER make it! I don't think human words or contexts will ever paint a true picture of heaven. And I'm okay with that. Knowing I will be rejoicing there one day is enough for me!

Thanks for the great verses and thoughts.

I can only imagine...............Have any of you heard this song by Mercy Me? That song would be my reply of what will it be like in heaven. Here are the lyrics.

I can only imagine

what it will be like

when I walk by Your side.

I can only imagine

what my eyes will see

when Your face

is before me.

I can only imagine

I can only imagine

(chorus)

Surrouned by Your Glory

what will my hear feel?

Will I dance for You, Jesus,

or in awe of You, be still?

Will I stand in Your presence,

or to my knees will I fall?

Will I sing hallelujah,

will I be able to speak at all?

I can only imagine,

I can only imagine.

I can only imagine

when that day comes

And I find myself

standing in the Son

I can only imagine

when all I will do

Is forever, forever worship You

I can only imagine

I can only imagine

(chorus 2X)

I hope this wasn't too long.

I still love this song and it

was what came to my mind

when I read this thread.

I hope you like it, too!

Be blessed!

Donna

Oh! Mercey Me! Thank you. When I first saw this bible study topic that song (I can only imagine) came to mind but I didn't know who sang it and I didn't know enough of the words to make an intelligent comment. Now, not only have you settled my mind but I have the necessary info to purchase the album. Unfotuantely, the Christian radio station around here doesn't keep a very through listing of songs on their website and I never get around to calling them.

Thanks again 1john419

Hi, naejeirual,

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the reply!

I don't know if you can listen online,

if you can, try this radio station:

KLTY

Also, my teenager showed me where to

look up lyrics at:

Let's Sing It

Have a blessed day!

YSIC,

1john419

Me be that teen..hehe..

Hmm...I have another song...((can ya tell we like music? hehe..)

He- Jaci Velasquez

Heaven is a place...

Where mothers don't have to cry for their babies

Wonderin' if they'll live to see 16

Fighting in the street for some money wonderin' if they'll ever make ends meet

Heaven is a place that everyone dreams of, filled with kindness flowing with the real love

One day I'm gonna climb those golden stairs

But until I get there,

(He) is working on me

(He) never leaves me

(He) lets me know that I am not alone in the darkness

(He) wants me to be happy

(He) smiles when I'm laughing

(He) makes me believe

Heaven's a place

Here, in my soul if I listen

There, even when I think it isn't

Building everywhere that I go

Calling out so that I can follow

Love is a place and it's all around us

Like a circle, it's around us

Where I wanna be, until I learn to fly

Until I reach the sky

(He) is working on me

(He) never leaves me

(He) makes me believe

Him, He knows Ohh Ohh

You know, He knows you Oh Oh He knows me too yeah

(He) is working on me (He's working on me)

(He) never leaves me (He never leaves me)

(He) makes me believe

Him, Ohhh

He's working on me

He never leaves me Oh Oh Oh

He's working on me

Yeah, HE never leaves, He always listens

Oh he loves me, Yeah Yeah

Is the goal to get to heaven, or to love God with all my heart?

Both. Heaven is God's gift to us, an eternal celebration of Him. We are part of His Kingdom here on earth and He will welcome us into heaven and His Kingdom there. Woe- I could go on and on with MY thoughts, which that's what these are...just my thoughts. What do you think?

Life in Heaven

I agree with ChristianMom. When we love God with all of our heart, then we will want to spend eternity with Him in heaven.

Just my opinion.:)

the goal ,of course, is to love the Lord our God with all our heart ,soul ,mind ,and strength. However, just like you get excited about your husband comming home after a weekend retreat ,or a week away at work,or whatever we are excited about the idea of getting Home to See Him. When we can look into His loving eyes and feel His warm arms around us. To ear His words of ecouragement " well done though good and faithful servant (of children that I sent to you on loan), enter into my rest.

Oh what a day ,glorious day that will be!

Something that plagues my thoughts...

The Angels who were cast out of Heaven, they pretty much made up their own minds that Heaven was not where they wanted to be so God cast them to Hell.

It makes me wonder if we'll still have to put up with temptation and the likes in Heaven. Of course it will be a WONDEROUS place, but the thing that I look forward to the most is not having to put up with attitudes concerning Christ contrary to my own. I want EVERYONE in Heaven to be on the same page and just worship without question and without doubt.

Maybe God cast out all of the unfaithful Angels way back when and there won't be any by the time we get there. Does this make sense to anyone? This has really been bothering me.

Love in Christ

-Eileen

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 Peter 2:21 because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

We shall be Like HIM , and he was and is Sinless , so there will be no sin in Heaven .

What A Day That Will Be

Words and Music: Jim Hill

There is coming a day,

When no heart aches shall come,

No more clouds in the sky,

No more tears to dim the eye,

All is peace forever more,

On that happy golden shore,

What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be,

When my Jesus I shall see,

And I look upon His face,

The One who saved me by His grace;

When He takes me by the hand,

And leads me through the Promised Land,

There'll be no sorrow there,

No more burdens to bear,

No more sickness, no pain,

No more parting over there;

And forever I will be,

With the One who died for me,

What a day that will be,

When my Jesus I shall see,

And I look upon His face,

The One who saved me by His grace;

When He takes me by the hand,

And leads me through the Promised Land,

This Hymn sums it up

Wonka2

The angels were cast out because they wanted to follow a leader who was puffed up in pride. Although the Deceiver is allowed to bring accusations againts us to the Father is he able to torment the believer while in heaven? No, It clearly says that the Fathers will is that there will be no sickness and no tears. Does this mean that we will all be able to withstand temptation and not give in to it ? I don't know. But I do know that we will all walk in love and prefer one another as Christ for our sakes prefered us even to dying on the cross.

Thanks

Thanks for responding to my question about temptation in Heaven.

You know I'm just so ready to live forever like it's Sunday Morning. To me Sunday morning is the best part of the week. We all look our best, everyone is glad to see one another. The love of the Lord is in the air. The pastor gives you a nod from the pulpit. And life is just RIGHT. That's just right to me.

That's what I hope Heaven will be like...Sunday morning X's 100,000,000,000,000 ;)

Love in Christ

-Eileen

Isaiah 65:17-25

17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy.

19 I will rejoice ove Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more.

20 "Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; he who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere youth; he who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed.

21 They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.

22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the works of their hands.

23 They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord, they and their descendants with them.

24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the Lord.

Amen!!

plagues my thought, too

Beachbuddy, I too have been wondering about losing salvation. I recently had a conversation which confused me more.

Afriend states that after we are saved, we absolutely cannot lose our salvation-no matter what we do. This implies that we have no choice after that point but to obey.

I don't agree. The Bible states very clearly tha if we blaspheme, we will be eternally damned. Does it matter whether we deny the existence and power of God before or after we are saved? It would seem that it would be worse to do this after having the knowledge than before. She says that it isn't possible to blaspheme after we are saved.

God gives us choice, right? If He didn't wouldn't the need for the Word be kind of reduced? The Bible teaches us how to learn, which implies choice of belief. If God had wanted us to be a part of His salvation, why not just brainwash us into it?

I know that there will be no sin in Heaven and that must be because those who sin are not allowed in--

Sorry to go on and on. It really has bothered me. Anybody willing to get into this and help me understand it better? There are a lot of conflicting literature and expositories about it---

Thanks in advance... I know it's one of those subjects not easily discussed, but ... In Christ be Blessed!

Here's a verse of Scripture to reassure you

The Lord said in John chapter 10

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

If The Lord said that we are safe in His Hand , then we are - rest in that wonderful promise.

You have to continute in a life of faith after you are" saved". ( I know we all believe different things on this and I am not getting into that again).

2 Peter 2:20-21

20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.

21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.

2 Peter 3: 14, 17-18

14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.

17 Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

1 John 2:3-4

3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

4 The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

2 John 8

8 Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Matthew 7:21-23

21 "Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoer!'

Thank you so much for your replies.

I know that we all interpret things differently from the Bible, and I think that is part of what has me confused.

I realized at church today that I probably have been pulled off track here to get me away from the real purpose which is to love God and Jesus and do what they call us to do.

We had a Gideon representative there todayand he talked about the Great Commission. That is what I need to focus on instead of trying to decipher this, I know.

I am growing in the word at what I consider a slow pace, but one day, I will be given the answers I need. By the time I get them I will be walking on that street of gold with my Savior and I will be amazed and in awe! So I guess I will just wait til then!

God Bless you all!

My understanding has been that when a "believer" goes on to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, it is because that person was not a true believer to begin with. Their heart was prehaps the shallow soil or the weedy soil. After hearing the gospel, there is an initial excitment but it isn't the true and thorough working of the Holy Spirit. Many people will live a lifetime going through all the motions of what they believe it means to be "saved" but never experience a faith given from God by his grace. As fellow humans, we simply don't have the insight into their hearts to know whether people's actions are motivated by a sincere desire to praise God for the great gift of salvation or a desire to "be good" or "look the part" for the benefit of observers. God knows and therefore can place a guaratee on the desinations of people even when their current lifestyle and spoken philosophies are apparently Godly.

Also, it is not an unforgivable sin to doubt or to be angry with God, so prehaps if a true believer has withdrawn from God and has spoken hateful words out of bitterness, God knows that in their heart even they know they are talking foolishness. Although a person may say with their tongue that there is no God, God sees in their heart that they are simply angry and forgives them this sin.

1 Corinthians 4

5 "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God."

Laurie

Hi everyone, I am new to this. I just found the website yesterday.

I am excited. to be apart of you bible study. I am a mom of to

grown girls and now a mom to 3 granddaughters. 9-4-2 are there

ages. I need all the help I can get to raise these girls.

Thanks

Hello, I just found this site. It is very interesting. Some of the things I have read make perfect since. I once was lost but now I am found. What I mean is I used to go to church along time ago and things happen in my life and I quit going. But now I have 2 girls and I am longing to go back not just for me but for them. I do read my bible and look on christian websited but that is not enough. So this Sunday We are going to church. Thank you for this website.

Williams724