Sign in to follow this  
Ani

Miscarriage

I just found out today that the baby I am carring has been dead for about 4 weeks. This is so hard to deal with. I have a three year old daughter, and a 21 month old son. My daughter has been so excited about a new baby. I'm having a hard time telling her what happened. We already had names picked out- Athalia for a girl, it means the Lord is exhalted; and Elijah for a boy, it means the Lord is my God. We don't know if it was a boy or a girl, but we feel Elijah is an appropriate name, because Elijah in the Bible was taken up to be with the Lord.

I feel sorrow for the loss of this baby that we alread loved, but I am holding out so well know that God has a plan for everything. The Bible says, "All things work for the good of those who love the Lord." Our pastor told us that the baby fulfilled God's will, whatever that might have been. God has a purpose for all things. Our baby's mission was just shorter that most people's. There is so much comfort knowing that God still loves us. Besides, our baby is with Jesus. What better place to be!?!?!

My view on life is so different now. My top priority is to play with our children. Other things can wait. Who knows how long our children are to be with us? We need to enjoy them all we can while we have them here with us. Dr. Kevin Leman said on his show this week that if you want to put things into perspective, imagine that you only have 6 months to live. How would you live life? That is the view that we should have for our lives all the time. That is how we are to place our priorities. How true is that? Life is so fragile, appreciate it, and thank God for each breath of life you take, your husband takes, and your children take, bcause we will never know when God's true plan for us has been fulfilled.

Bless Your Heart

I am so sorry about your loss Ani. I have lost 3 babies, so I can somewhat relate to what you are going through. You have such a mature and faithful outlook and I applaud you. It is so true about how much more you appreciate your kids after going through a miscarriage. You hug them tighter and spend more time with them. Allow yourself mourning and grieving time Ani, and hey, look up to the Son!

God Bless You

I am very sorry."He Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you

nor give you up, nor leave you without support." Hebrews 13:5

I too miscarried a baby. I was five months pregnant and had to push the baby out. The baby was dead for about 9 days. I was very sad and 6 months after that I was pregnant again. This time it was a healthy baby girl.

When what you are feeling is simply too deep for words and nothing anyone does or says can provide you with the relief you need, God understands. He is your provider --

today, tomorrow, and always.

And He loves you. Cast all of your cares on Him... and believe.

My pastor always tells us that what we go thru here on earth is just a test. I notice, You did a great job encouraging another parent on the boards. You should be very proud of yourself. May God Bless You.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor, and just as I was about to leave she asked me if my backache was getting better or worse. I told her it seemed to be worse. She decided to poke around my back and belly and it hurt alot! Turns out I have a kidney infection on top of everything else. My doctor mentioned that sometimes a kidney infection can cause a miscarriage, but that it had been too long (that the baby was dead). When I got home, I was poking around the same areas that she had, and I realized my abdomen has been hurting like this for two or thre months now. I have just been concluding that I was constipated! If only I had known...

Well, God has His ways of doing things, and I still believe that He knows what is better for us than we do. At least I have some answers now, and I am not afraid to get pregnant again when I feel God says it is time.

I want to share my finding, though so that maybe another woman can save the life of her baby.

You are in my prayers

Ani, I am so sorry for your loss. I have not gone through a miscarriage so I have no words of wisdom for you...infact, after I read your message....YOU, in your pain and sorrow encouraged me!

I truly believe we all have a purpose and even little babies have a purpose if only for a couple of weeks.

I am at a loss of words, but just wanted to let you know ,you and your family are in my prayers.

When you are feeling down, I suggest you read your message...it was beautiful and encouraging to me.

God Bless

becky