Sign in to follow this  
Ani

The Joy of the Lord

God showed me something and I want to share it.

Often I have sang "The Joy of the Lord is my Strength." And I pray, "OK, God, fill me with your joy so that I can be strong." But I realize now, that it's not joy FROM the Lord, it's joy IN the Lord. Joy that no matter what goes wrong, or what we do, God loves us. Joy knowing that as we go through hard times, God is there with us. Joy in the beauty that God has created all around us. As I have been grieving a miscarriage, I have remembered that God has not forsaken me. He still loves me. He did not take my baby to make me suffer. He knows and sees what I don't, and His judgment is supreme. He simply did what had to be done, and in the future, He will bless us with another baby. The only true, deep joy that I have had in these days is the Joy that God has not forsaken me, and in that Joy, I have found strength! The Joy of the Lord (loving me) is my Strength.

Incredible insight !

You are an amazing woman !

Through your pain, you are having incredible insight !

In trying to help yourself , you are sharing your wisdom with others. Thank you.

Is that the song by Twila Paris ?? I have her "Sanctuary" cd....it is a really good and enjoyable cd. What a beautiful voice God gave her.

God does love you...don't ever feel that he doesn't. You said it yourself, He sees what we don't.

He always loves you, no matter what !

becky

Ani, I truly appreciate your willingness to share. I shall keep you in my prayers for comfort and for peace.

Thank you

For sharing this with us. That is one of my favorite verses in the Bible that I hold onto every day. I will be in prayer for you. God wants to richly bless you and your family.

Be Blessed!

Shawnee