Sign in to follow this  
khodge

New user in need of patience

Hello, I am a new user who just joined yesterday. I am a stay at home mom with three boys age 3, 2, and 16 months. I also baby-sit for three girls age 6, 2, and 4 months. I have really been struggling the last couple weeks with my patience. My husband works Monday-Friday and by the time Friday comes I am a mess. I can't even hardly function. I love my kids dearly and I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I guess I am just in need of some advice or some kind of adult interaction with other Christians. I know that God will see me through this trial and it's not that I am worried. I guess I am just sort of well , stressed. I will continue to pray and read my Bible but if anyone has any good advice I could use it. Thanks!!!!!

Perhaps you should consider cutting down the amount of children you babysit. With four kids under 3 years of age, that would kill anyone. I dont know if money is the issue why you take on so much, but I worry about the attention that should be focused on you and your own kids. What is most important is you and your kids. I know for me it would be too much to bear, but I know there are some of you who are able to manage it and who would be able to give better advice.

Also mabey trying a semi-structured schedule everyday, where everyone looks forward to something different each day so you dont get in a rut. For example, craft time, dance time, park or outside play, game time, playdough time, movie time, circle time, etc.... Sometimes getting a ruitine may make it a little easier to get through the day/week. I know for me, for example, playdough time is when I get to clean my kitchen and I can listen to my Christian music while she is playing at the table right next to me.

I know I have watched four kids at a time, but not as an everyday thing and not so many young ones. So I hope I helped, based on my "one time" babysitting adventures. :)

Also dont forget your "me" time....you need it. Make time-it does help!

God bless! Carissa

hi i just joined a few minutes ago and you caught my eye. I have been there and done that. When I did daycare/homeschooling I needed the money. I got us in the best money shape I could. Meaning I could pay a bill and it wasn't late, then I gave a month notice to the four families. Teaching your own children is hard enough work . It looks like some time just for you is what you need and I know thats hard to do. Just being able to talk to few ladies on line will hep you feel like you are getting away just a little. You probly are thinking how wonderful it would be to be with just your children----- I pray that you will beable to do that very soon. God bless you dot

Thanks for the advice and concern. It's been something my husband and I have been praying about for a while now. And God has answered our prayers. It just so happened that Friday was my last day of babysitting. :) I think one of the biggest reasons why I was still babysitting was because I didn't want to tell the parents no but God is so awesome and I didn't have to. It turned out that one of the parents decided to quit her job and stay home because she is pregnant again and the parent of the other baby decided to quit his job and stay home so everything has turned out for the best. I am a little worried about the financial side of it but God had this planned for a reason. I have applied for a volleyball coaching position this fall. I will pray for God's will to be done. I am really excited about being home with my kids now. I didn't realize the strain and burden it had been putting on me and my family. I just feel really happy again. And I thank God for that. Thanks for replying. I don't get a lot of adult conversation through the day so it's always nice to talk to other moms, especially Christians. It just so happens that my husband is at church now. My middle child has pink eye so I had to stay home with him. Have a Happy Mother's Day and God Bless You!!!

New user in need of patience

Moving this topic. All questions with spoilers regarding Oblivion need to be in the appropriate section, okay? Not everyone has the game yet, and we dont want to ruin it for anyone.