Sign in to follow this  
Lady4Jesus

A suggestion for consideration

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior!

I know a few Christian Moms that have access to the internet, so I'm going to be recommending this site to them....try to help liven things up a bit.

I see a place for working moms, which is wonderful. Under the direction and guidance of our Lord, I am a stay at home mom. This is a permanant thing for me. Going back to work is not an option in my life. Reason being, I am going to be homeschooling our daughter (5 1/2 months now) and future children. I don't know how many moms around here homeschool their children (not too many really stay at home, from what I've seen thus far...though I haven't checked out all of the older threads in detail), but I think it would be a wonderful addition to this site. A place to gather ideas and a place to seek some help in various areas. I know that I have already gathered probably around 20 websites that I could share (though I would warn that I haven't been through them myself yet).

Anyway. Just an idea....whether for now or for when this place picks up more....just wanted to toss it out there for consideration and prayer.

Blessings upon you.

I for one would welcome any exchange of information regarding homeschooling - that is our current plan although we won't be making a final decision until our children are getting near school age and we can assess the appropriateness of homeschooling to their particular personality and maturity.

I don't know about the ratio of stay-at-homes to working moms on this site. I know that I for one get a bit annoyed with the very frequent solicitations for stay-at-home schemes... not saying that there is a problem with the actual scheme but it's always disappointing to log on and find no real, personal messages from anyone... just a bunch of advertisements. Anyway, I think these posts may give the impression that a great many of the moms here work outside the home and want to be at home... I don't know.

Laurie

someone to talk to

Hi, I have a two year old and I work at home right now for my dad, but I would rather be out meeting people and playing with my son. I'm not sure whether or not to homeschool. I probably won't because I'm stuck in the house too much already. But I'm just looking for people to talk to because I don't socialize enough, especially because my husband is gone most of the week. Looking forward to chatting with someone. Diamonddaffodil

I think you'll find that most of us are in actual fact stay at home mothers.

I looked at the 'top ten posters' list [ yikes I've more than C'Mom herself :o ] and the majority of us are Mums who don't work outside of the home.

That's one reason I like this one so much, as we are nearly all in the same boat .

In the UK it seems to be that you are considered odd to want to SAH , though most of my Christian friends would , whereas it seems to be the opposite in other places.

Hope to hear from you all

Hi Ladies!

We can start a new Forum topic just for Homeschooling! Of course any message of any subject matter can be posted in the general discussion area, but a specific topic forum is fine too.

This may sound funny - but I also want to start one for preparing for the summer bathing suit months - a lose a few pounds support forum! Is anyone into that??!! ha! I'll get them set up, so check back!

If you have other ideas for new forum topics - just let me know!

Thanks!

I have always been home with my children. I have homeschooled ,done public school and private school and come back to homeschooling because there is nothing better:) I am home schooling my 12 yr old daughter and it iswonderful. My sons wish we would have kept at it with them instead of doing public high school. We decided my daughter will never spend one day in a public school.She is happy. Her older brothers actually said they would not let her go to public school. My relationships with all of my children is really good. They never had a friend whose mother stayed at home. They always thanked me. (and still do)even the two that have left home and live on their own.:) You are doing the right thing---not always the easiest but the one that will bless you for years to come. dot

In response to the idea for a weight support forum... I love it! Obviously, right now I hope to be adding pounds reglularly, but a little support could help me to make sure I'm adding healty pounds (as opposed to ice cream and pizza pounds)! Once my baby arrives I'll definitely need some support to get back into my clothes again... with Gwendolyn I was able to loose the weight real easily but I wasn't breastfeeding (so I temporarily went extreme with my diet) and I wasn't having to balance my food intake around her schedule... not to mention the fact that she was a blessing in that her short life caused me to loose serious interest in food rather than to seek it as comfort. I think my biggest fear about motherhood is that I'll leave every pregnancy with an extra ten pounds that never leaves and by the time I'm 35 I'll be dangerously overweight. It's not a vanity thing - my weight has always been a struggle and I want to be around and at my best for my kids for years to come.

Laurie

Dear lady4jesus.....

What a blessing and a testimony you are!! It takes a lot now a days to stand firm on what you know God wants from you no matter if you feel you are the only one! Which you are not!

My son, Henry, is 15 months and I am pregnant with his brother due in August. Well before pregnancy I had determined, Lord willing, to homeschool. Here are a few of my reasons.........

1.) know what my sons will be learning especially Godly principles

2.) selfishness---I want them with me

3.) have been so blessed to be able to be a SAHM

4.) the school system (especially where I live now) is awful not only are they cutting so much out of the schools to keep their buget but..there is soooo much trash in the world......the longer I can keep my boys from that the better off they will be.......I know what it was like when I was in school...public and private (not much of a difference) I am not saying that I am going to overprotect them, but I do not feel they need to be read stories about Heather's two mommies or Harry Potter.....

God gave me these two boys to raise and if He allows me to teach them myself rather than 8 hours away....Praise the Lord!:)

I would love to see your list of websites! It does take quite a bit of research and I am sure many mistakes along the way, but with Jesus Christ all things are possible!

Thank you......Julie

About those links that I have...

I was going to just PM them to the ones who had asked about it, but then I got to thinking: there may be other Moms out there that wanted to see those links, but hadn't said anything.

So I'm going to start a new thread over in the General Discussions forum for those links, so all who want to can take a gander.

Freely they were given to me, so freely I give them to all.

Blessings.

Dear lady4Jesus, I too am a stay at home mom and do feel under the leading of God to stay home with them for as long as I can. I have thought alot about Homeschooling myself, but really like some of the others, I may need some time away for a few hours or may find a good private christian school. It does concern me deeply the things that are taught in our schools and do not want my boys growing up in the middle of that sort of influence. However, I went to public school and was a witness for Christ. In fact my nick name was believe it or not, "Jesus Freak". My mother prayed for me and I was kept from the desire to follow the crowd and stand for Jesus> I see this now and Know that it was not without the help of God and the prayers of My mother.It is up to God and his leading at that time, whether we will do it for sure.I am certainly thinking about it!!!