Sign in to follow this  
kimbee

New Here

Hi everyone

New here, just wanted to say hi. Have been browsing around and this looks like a really great area to be! I'm a 35 yo SAHM, I have a 10 year old son, Zak and a 2 Year old daughter, Devin.

I love to read, scrapbook and exercise. Can't wait to get to know all of you better.

Kim

Hi Kimbee, I haven't been around in awhile, now that school is out I hope to be around more...I also like your name;)

Hi girls ,

we're going to get a bit confused with your names !

just don't both get angel avatars or we'll get really mixed up :p

I'm already confused with Elis & Elise.

[but then I'm easy muddled !]

Thanks for the welcome, you guys. Yea, I didn't notice the other name when I was signing up.:rolleyes:

Hi Kimbee, welcome aboard! I too am a sahm of three boys. My oldest will be 4 in July, the middle one will be 3 in July, and my youngest is 19 months. I saw that you like to scrapbook. I have been wanting to start but everything seems so expensive. Any good tips you want to share????:)

It can be really expensive. I think what I've learned is to hit the sales at Hobby Lobby or Michaels and they have some good deals on albums at Michaels too. They have so much new and beautiful stuff, but don't get overwhelmed by everything. Just start simple and don't get too caught up in all the detail stuff they're doing unless you're a very detailed person. They do have a couple of starter classes at some of the more expensive scrapbook stores, so if you can afford to take one, it is helpful. It's also fun to find someone else that does it and get together at a home and bounce ideas of one another. A few of us from my small group get together once a month to do it . Have fun, it really is rewarding and I think a blessing to your family!'

Kim

I keep saying I want to start but then the money issue always comes around. With three of them I know it would cost a good bit. I have looked at the different stuff for it at Walmart and Jo-Ann Fabrics. There is just so much variety. I only have about 1000 pictures.:) Maybe I'll have to just start one at a time until I get the hang of it. Thanks for your input!

You're welcome! Now tell me, after you shrunk that avatar, how did you get it on your page?:confused:

go to 'my info' at the top of the page

then 'edit options'

at the foot it says AVATAR

click the button there [ mine says change ]

click the circle at custom Avatar

then either input the web address of where your avatar is

or easier click 'browse' and find it on your own computer - whatever file you stored it in -

then hit 'submit modifications'

and you should be away .

hope we see it soon :)

When I clicked browse I couldn't find it on my computer so I saved it from my email to a disk and then from the disk I got it. Took me a while to figure that out though. For some reason I couldn't get my documents to come up when I browsed. It browsed everything but.

Thanks, you guys. Ok, I found the AVATAR area and now of course I can't get it shrunk. How did you get it to your e-mail? I found a really cute one:)

I emailed mine as an attachment to Wonka2 and she then emailed it back to me as the right size, then I saved it to a disc and at the browse area downloaded it and then submitted it.

Kimbee - and anyone else:)

drop me a PM and I'll shrink your pics to the right size and get them back to you , send a couple if you want a choice.

Or grab a passing teenager - they usually know all about these things ;) I usually yell on one when I'm in bother !!!!!!

I'm trying to figure out how to send it to you - I feel so computer challenged!