Sign in to follow this  
khodge

Birthday Fun

Two of my boys have birthdays next month, July 7 and July 9, they will be 4 and 3. My husband is wanting to throw this big party for them, I don't really do the whole party thing well. We never had them growing up but his family did. The ages will range from like 10 to 1. Does anyone have any ideas for games or such that we could do for fun but nothing to expensive? We are having it at our home outside so some outside things to do would be helpful. Thank you so much!!!! :)

My son's birthday is in August and we've had a few outdoor birthday parties so we actually filled up lots and lots of water balloons for a water balloon fight. (you have to pick up all the little pieces, but we kinda made it a game for the kids) We also did some fun games like carrying the egg on a spoon relay, three legged race, and all those fun little games. The kids really liked them, especially with supervision and fun little prizes. We tried to make sure everyone got something. Anyway, hope that's helpful.

Kim

Yes thank you. I had thought about the water balloons. I know kids love those. I'm not sure I am brave enough for the eggs but the three legged race would be cool. I have been trying to think of some way to do a little scavenger hunt but it has to incorporate all ages. That's the tricky part. Thanks for your info!!!:D

For a treasure hunt involving all ages , you could make the little ones find things of a certain colour or shape , while the older ones can have a list to read.

For a 'lucky dip' [ terribly unscriptural :D we called ours "seek and ye shall find ] use the wee tubs camera film comes in - it's amazing what will fit into them !

I didn't even think about plastic eggs. Yeah, that would be much better. I like that "seek and ye shall find" treasure hunt idea. I think I will try that. Thanks ladies!!

Hey my sons birthday is on July 9th also. Just thought i would say that. I ask my children each year when they where younger what theme they want and then run with it. Underwater one year , power ranger the next and so forth. From the cake to the games. And the whole birthdays would run under 100.00. I like horse shoes, hide a seek, pinyata( sorry cant spell) red light green light. Whip cream fight. and so forth hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. Both the boys wanted a Spiderman party. I have a Spiderman pinata. That ought to be interesting. I think to that they will play pinthetailonthedonkey. w/ a prize for the closest and the farthest away. I bought a bag of water balloons for a water balloon toss but they will probably just end up throwing them at each other. I also bought a bag of red and blue big balloons that I think I will put numbers inside and let the kids bust them and I will call a number or so and then they can pick a prize. I don't know. I am still working on it. But thank you everyone for your replies. If you can remember to pray for me during that time I would appreciate it. We are having the party July 10.