Sign in to follow this  
grateful2ulord

Help I am bored

Okay ladies I have been watching myself for the last 2 weeks, and I realize I eat when I am bored. Not really hungry just bored.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to stop the munchies when you are bored.

when I get bored i fix a big glass of ice tea and sit down and

read a good new book!

Or better yet, pick up the Bible and read it along with drinking you a glass of tea or water. :)

Hi,

I find that when I am bored I eat as well. So I tell myself that I have to do a chore in order to be able to eat something. Once the chore is done if I am still "hungry" I will have the snack however most of the time I get busy and don't even want to eat. Or I learned from watching Dr. Phil (I think it was his show...) most of the time if you rate your hunger on a scale of one to 10 (one being really full and 10 starved) and only eat when you are at least a 7 or 8 then it will stop the "bored eating". NOt sure it this helps however I know it does for me.

GratefultoULord, I have to fully agree with you on this weight thing. I have always been a size 7, and then I started taking this medication that caused me to gain weight, a lot of weight. Now I am in a size 14 and I too, feel as though I eat when I am bored. I have a treadmill and a weight room in my basement, but HATE to exercise. I feel for you and wish you lots of luck:-)

Guest happy@home

munchies

I too have a tendency to have the munchies. I find if I drink water that helps--not always but most of the time. I actually fix me a big glass of water and drink it throughout the day. I fill the cup up with ice and add water, when the water is gone, I add more and add ice as needed. Many times we began to dehydrate and this can make us feel hungry. I don't know if this helps or not. ;)

Have a Blessed Day!

And it feels just too elegant to have a wedge of lemon in that icewater, and drink it out of a pretty glass! Ok, it's a little frivolous, I know, but it works :) I find that when I get absorbed in my garden, outside, It just doesn't occur to me to want to eat anything. And more importantly, if I can avoid eating sugar I just don't get those dreaded munchies. Grabbing an orange instead of a fudgesicle takes getting used to, but it's soooo worth it! And God has provided us with an abundance of fruits to choose from!

Hi grateful2ulord

For me water was hard to drink even when I was bored. But years ago, I switched to distilled water, and its amazing! Your body will crave the water, so that's what I reach for now, when I feel like I am about to have a munchie fit! Hope this helps! Don't give up!

Blessings

Mhairi

http://www.mhairi.usana.com

I crochet when I get bored. I also like to make sure I drink water every day. Do you have a hobby to alleviate your boredom?

Hi

I'm new here I have been fighting a weight probelem most of my life. I have PCOS so hormones play a part, also eating suzy Q's has something to do with it. I have just bought a treadmill and walk 60 min. 4 days a week and I have not seen that scale move down at all. I am on day 3 of my cycle and I know that has something to do with it, but it still drives you crazy when you don't see the results.

Ok, I use information and support gleaned from this website- http://s2.forumforfree.com/index.php?mforum=jazzman&act=idx . I've lost 25 lbs since April 1. I started with Nutrisystem, that let me see how whacky my interpretation of portion size was. Only did 1 shipment from them, and have used the guidelines on this website to keep losing, and get the support I need to stick with it. It really does work, and you really don't have to spend a fortune. You do have to realize that highly refined food, like fluffy white bread, where we've taken perfectly good grains created by a wise God and processed them into oblivion, are just horrible for us! *hug*