Sign in to follow this  
vbergman3

Christian music and artist's

I am looking for Christain c.d.'s or names of songs and artists. Can anyone help me. I like all kinds of music and want to get more christian music in my home. Can anyone help me??

Take care and God Bless.

Lots of love to all.

So many out there! Avalon, Point of Grace, Steven Curtis Chapman, Twila Paris, Rich Mullins, Newsboys, Jaci Velasquez, Michael W. Smith, Phillips Craig and Dean, Audio Adrenaline, Denver and the Mile High Band. That is just what I can think of right now. I am drawing a blank at this point! Ha! But there really is a lot of great encouraging Christian music out there. Hope this helps.

I love, love, love Third Day. They are great. Also a series I've gotten is called Worship Together. They are a 2 CD set and I've gotten 3 different ones. They are various artists doing worship music and it's really great. Hope that helps!

Kim, Colorado:)

christian music

Thankyou so very much. I really appreciate the help with artist. Thankyou. All i know is i enjoy christian music of all kinds just didnt know groups, artists or songs. So thanku.

Take care and God Bless

I'd like to add to the list already presented...

I own, enjoy, and would highly recommend the following albums by these artists:

Keith Green. - The Ministry Years - volume 1 & 2 - Keith's music is a mixture of old-school revival praise and worshipful/storytelling ballads - all of it is highly thoughtful, scriptural, and challenging you in your Christian walk

Ginny Owens - Without Condition, Something More, Beautiful - her style varies from album to album, from very organic to more techno, but the message always remains the same, trusting and following the Lord through this challenging life.

Mercy Me - Almost There - a contemporary rock-worship album, most known for the song "I Can Only Imagine"

Jennifer Knapp - Lay It Down, The Way I Am, Kansas - pretty earthy, slightly edgy stuff - her lyrics are a lot more poeticly abstract but she also does some remakes of old hymns

Glad - The Acappella Project, Acappella Worship 2 - as indicated by the titles, acappella music - five (?) men - lots of old hymns set to a slightly new beat - very fun style - tried and true tunes

I really enjoy Michael W Smith. I find myself getting alot of cd's with different artists on them, like the DOVE cd's to get a mixture of music. Sarah Groves and Go Fish are other ones that I like

Listen for Free!

In addition to buying CD's check out Christian radio stations in your area. I am blessed to have K-Love around here. They play contemporary Christian songs and they pray on air and really work to inspire their listeners. You can also listen online at

http://www.klove.com

Love in Christ

-Eileen

**As a side note about Christian artists. In the early 90's Amy Grant went through her tribulations and it seems like she's tried to make her way back into listeners hearts but there is still so much resistance. How do you all feel about her and her music?

Personally I am still revived when I listen to her old CD's and I enjoy listening to interviews with her now, because she seems so grateful to the Lord for what she has. I still like her.

I don't think I've ever heard of many [if any] of the names mentioned above.

Although I would be more inclined to listen to UK artists [the Irish are great singers !]

I prefer more traditional hymns and clear singing so maybe none of these would appeal:confused:

William McCrae

Victor Hutchison

Gospel Heirs

I recently bought N' harmony "out of the Blue"

but have some 'Cathedrals' and like what I've heard of 'legacy 5'

I've 2 gaithers -Billy Graham & Gospel favourites but I'm not too keen on thier style of singing [ though many of my friends may lynch me for that;) ]

A good choir or accappella group or just instrumental hymns always appeals to me.

A good CD I have is Acoustic Hymns - Traditional but set to new tunes or arrangments - no particular group singing but I like it :)

I do like somthing I can really sing along with :o

RE: about christian music

Thankyou all for your help. I am greatful for all names of artists and any help

Thankyou very much ,

Actually im downloading alot of them and going to put on cd

so thyankyou all. I dont know what else to say.

What kind of music do you like? I am very picky about what I listen to and I hate to say it but, I feel that the Christian music industry has a hard time keeping up wit the quality of music you can find in the secular world. However, sisce my kids are very into music, and have been picking up on lyrics, I have started to find christian music to listen to in addition to the secular, and have found some pretty good artists.

I went to Amazon.com and looked up christian music. I think you can even search by style. most have clips you can listen to. If you have a local christian book store or even a music store in a mall, they should be equipped with listening stations to check out the music before you buy. This is how I have done it.

Some of mu favorite artists are Nicole Nordeman(has a sound all her own), Nicole Mullen (who is R&B), C.C.Winans( gospilsh), Rachael Lampa( pop sounding)and Jaci Velasquez (latin pop). My boys and I like them. Check out Amazon. Good luck, Lauren

Gospel

Maybe I'm old fashioned here but I love gospel. My favorite right now is the Gaither's series. They sing alot of hymns, but jazz them up a bit. My favorite singer in their series is Vestal Goodman who is considered the Gospel Diva. I really want to buy one of her CDs but we're watching our pennies right now. Am I the only one who prefers hymns to contemporary?

Carrie

http://www.geocities.com/cosiegirl

I am suprised no one mentions JEREMY CAMP. He is my favorite and very popular here for young and old. His website is http://www.jeremycamp.com. He has a great biography!

I have never heard of K-Love, but another online radio station you could listen to is http://www.air1.com-that is all I listen to and they have stations all over the world. You may be suprised-they may have one by you! :)

Beachballad-I listened to Amy Grant all the time while growing up. Every once in a while I hear an oldie-that brings great childhood memories. I am proud of her for staying with the Lord after all she had been through. Regardless of what happened she and Vince Gill seem well grounded and living for God as well. It all seems so long ago now. :)

vbergerman,

I just realized where you are from -there are tons of Christian radio stations in California-not to mention many Christian concerts (Im jealous) :)

You might just want to see what stations you have. :) The Air1 that I mention is stationed in 20 - 25 cities in California. :) ...also I looked up KLove and they have even more listed! Their website is http://www.klove.com.

Hope this helps. God bless you and yours!

Mercy Me is great! As is Rachel Lampa, Newsong, Audio Adrenaline, Casting Crowns, Salvador, Nicole Nordeman, Jaci Valasquez, Scott Krippayne, Jeremy Camp, Nicole C. Mullen, Ray Boltz, I could go on and on...;-)

I just went to a Michael W Smith concert a week ago and it was great! Also had Mercy Me and the David Crowder Band. I didn't know much about the DCBand, but knew that if MWS brought him along, he was good. And I wasn't disappointed.

My favorite is Steven Curtis Chapman and the older Amy Grants. Also Chris Rice.

Wonka2 from Scotland--do you like worship songs? We lived in East Anglia for 4 1/2 years and I loved Kingsway Thankyou Music. A few of them have made their way over here, but so many haven't.

Originally posted by dnachase

Wonka2 from Scotland--do you like worship songs? We lived in East Anglia for 4 1/2 years and I loved Kingsway Thankyou Music. A few of them have made their way over here, but so many haven't.

I do have a few CD's released by Kingsway but I think they would all be the more traditional type of music.

They did a series on the 'hymn makers' on the authors and composers of Well known Hymns. Like Fanny Crosby etc

I'm like cosiegirl and prefer the good old fashioned stuff !

I know that this is an old thread but I want to put in my two cents

(((smile)))!!!! I am 24,well almose 25. And my hubbie and I volunteer at out youth church.So we hear all the teenager stuff(smile).I personaly like Jars of clay,Sonic Flood, Seven day Jesus, Switchfoot, Earthsuit, And big favorite Piller, Elevate,Hillsong,Five iron frenzy,Mary Mary, The Family band.I could go on and on!!!!

The majority of this music is more radical teenager music, or worship music.My hubby is an musician, so I also am exposed to a big range of music!!!!MY hubbies band is also our youth praise and worship band (ELEVATE)you can check them out on http://www.elevate.com .