Sign in to follow this  
naejeirual

Just for fun - what is your passion?

What is the one thing (after your top priorities of God, husband, children, and home) that you absolutely love to do? What gets you feeling good? What is the thing that you get to do for yourself that you can just revel in and can walk away from feeling excited and refreshed?

I find now that my passion is my priorities. God, my family, my household. I just can't think of anything else I would rather do than to play with my kids and take care of my husband and our household and to participate in several ministries at our church. I do lead a boyscout group, but I wouldn't say that is a passion. It's just fun for me and my son. Any time I do leave the house to do something on my own or with a friend I find myself constantly calling home checking on everyone then rushing to get back to my family. I guess I'm pretty boring but I get complete fullfillment from God and my family

I have a passion for creating things. I usually need a pattern, but then to make something with my own hands is really neat. To start with a ball of yarn and end up pulling a snug, cozy sweater over your toddler's head is just thrilling for me. I love learning new stitches, pouring through pattern books, and just walking around yarn shops to feel the delicious textures and see the wonderful colors of yarns.

My daughter just turned 2 and I made her cake (as I have for the boys each year as well) and once again realized how exciting it is to see an idea from your head become a reality.

I love in Proverbs 31 when it mentions the wife making her family's clothing--at least I'm getting one of the characteristics right!

I certainly have some kindred-spirits around here. My motivation to post the question was in reaction to the natural high I was experincing having just closed the cover to a stimulating read. I read mostly non-fiction... I just love to learn and explore new ideas.

I also get a similar yet distinctly different kick from music... listening to it, performing it, anything. I always think of music as being an expression beyond our words. For most of my life I was very invovled in some musical outlet or another but I've dropped off in recent years and am yearning for it. If only I would develope just enough discipline to play my piano for only half an hour a day!

Laurie

I love music too! I was always in sports so never played an instrument but wish I had now. I love to worship this way, it really gets to my heart.

Kim

Oh dear, maybe it's just that I'm 30 weeks pregnant but the only thing that I enjoy outside of God, family, home is SLEEEEP.

When I was younger I was much more passionate. I could stay up all night with a good book. I used to get jazzed over any theatrical. And exploring surrounding towns and counties always satisfied. So maybe when my life slows down a little bit I'll get back into it. I would LOVE to learn to play the Cello...in the future ;)

Love in Christ

-Eileen

Hi every one I'm new !!

For me It would be drawing or Cake decorating, being able to do things with my hands. But I also enjoy a good book!

God Bless !!!:)

Wow, that is a question that really made me have to stop and take a minute to think. I mean of course being the best Christian I can be is # 1 but after that...... The one thing that comes to my mind whenever I think about what I really love to do is play volleyball. That was the top priority in my life up until I became a Christian and had children too. We play in a tournament every February so I am really looking forward to that again. We won 1st place last year and that was exciting. But I would say of late I have just been so excited for the fall to be here. I love autumn and everything it brings. The leaves changing and falling, the crisp fresh air, the holidays, and of course football. This is the time of year when I can always tell a change in my attitude takes place and I am alot happier and more energetic.

I like to watch alot of news, and anything historical on TV I'm afraid. Anything that has to do with current events or history. I also like reading non-fiction adventure books. One of my all time favorites was "We Die Alone" about a man in WWII who went through all sorts of incredible things while being persude by the Germans. I also liked "Gander" about the town in New Foundland where all the planes had to land during 9/11 and how this small town took care of 100's of people for a week. Inspiring!

My priorities....God, family, church, work, friends, which I feel are the basics. But when I have time...I am SUCH a bookworm, I love to read

I would have to say working with Awana's is TOPS...and last but not least, MUSIC/MUSIC/MUSIC!! I am a HUGE CCM fan! I can put my headphones on or go driving alone and sing with or listen to great uplifting songs-and its the most relaxing thing for me!:D

Like many of you, I love to read. But my passion is writing.

I don't get to write as much as I'd like to, so when I do it, I sort of lose track of other things. I came into the kitchen this morning and found dinner still on the table (where I left it) last night - spoiled food and all.

Bah, but at least the book is done.

Can some of you share the great books you have read or are reading? Let us in on the secret... THANKS!