Sign in to follow this  
cspoofie

Another Question.........

I was wondering if you attend a church every week?

Are you connected to one church every week?

What type of church is it ?

Thanks!!! God bless!!!:)

I am not sure how many ladies will respond to this question. Many of the ladies know me on here and know that I attend Church of Christ so I am not afraid to say that but this sort of question could cause some tension, maybe, maybe not. I hope not. Yes, I (we, my family) attend church weekly and are involved in many church functions and activities. We do usually attend the same church because of this. My husband teaches a Sunday-school class and will be teaching a Sunday evening class this fall so we have responsibilities there. Every once in a while we visit a church that we used to attend where all of my husband's family still attends.

1 Corinthians 12:12

12 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

My husband and I have found our local Christian family in the local Calvary Chapel. We've been fellowshipping there for a little over two years now... ever since we moved into our current home. We had decided before we moved that we would seek out whatever body of believers were physically closest (and in keeping with Biblical teachings) so that our church community would overlap with our physical community (before that, we had lived in a different community from where we worshipped). Before that, we lived in a couple places short term and worshipped with one non-denominational church and a Brethern church. Prior to meeting my husband, I attended a Lutheran college, while working at a Methodist church, after having been raised in a Baptist church. My father was raised Catholic and my mother was raised Methodist. In my very early childhood we tested out several denominational meetings, the only one I can recall is Nazarene. My husband was raised as nothing, by an ex-Catholic mother and an ex-Protestant father (I'm not sure of the denominations. His introduction to Christ was through the Boy Scouts and as a teenager he ocassionally attended services at a non-denominational church. While in college, he was invovled in Intervarsity Christian Fellowship and sometimes attended a Mennonit church.

I know your question wasn't asking for all this background detail, but, although I share your curiosity about where everyone worships, I also wanted to clarify that I don't consider my specific church participation to be of any categorizing power but rather a simple obedience of God's Word that we should join in fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Laurie

My family attends our church regularly. I have just begun teaching sunday school to the toddler class. Which I love to do!

I volunteer any time I can at my church. It is a Southern Baptist church. What I like best about it is the in-depth bible study and fellowship. I don't know much about other churches because all my life I've only gone to baptist, however for a while we went to a pentacostle church then realized we fit better in baptist.

What do you like best about the church you attend?

theresa

Yes, I (and my family) attend church every week, are very involved, and have a wonderful closeness with other families in the church. :)

I believe the Bible teaches we must have intimate relationships with other believers in order to keep each other accountable and growing in our walks with Him. We believe the Bible clearly teaches that we need to be a part of the body of Christ in a physical way as well as Spiritual way. The Bible says that the congregation is like a physical body, and that each part of a physical body needs every part of it's body in order to work the most effectivly, so it is the same with the body of Christ. If you have accepted the Lord as your personal savior, then you are part of the body weather you like it or not, so you may as well let yourself be used! If you are not part of a congregation, then you are not being as effective as you could be for Christ, and you are not letting Christ bring you as close to him as you could be.:eek:

I belong to a Conservative Baptist church and I most appreciate that the teachings are always based directly on the Bible with the Bible being used in all meetings. :)

I believe any congregation that is Biblically sound is a wonderful church. Go be a part of one if you are not already!! :D

We attend church each Sunday and soon, with new programs starting up, will be there more often.

My dad was in the Air Force for 21 years and we usually attended the Base Chapel so we had many different denominations (the military catagorizes the chaplains only as Protestant or Catholic so you never knew what denomination the next pastor would be). I married an airman but we decided to go off base to find our churches. Currently we attend one but I still go to Bible Study at another. It's a community church.

We have been members of an Independent Baptist Church for the past 4 years and are very involved. We attend every Sunday morning and evening and are there Wednesday evenings involved in Awana. I will be attending the Ladies Bible study for the first time this fall. My husband has also completed a chaplaincy course and will be continuing with a Bible insitute study Thursday evenings to prepare him for a Law Enforcement/jail mininstry that he is somewhat in charge of.

Because I'm working at our church school I'm actually in the building 6 days a weeks now, although with Saturday activities that could easily become 7! ;o) It's such a blessing though. I have to tell you that we didn't always live this close(we're next door!) and it used to be difficult to make all the activities. I prayed that the Lord would bring us closer and He did! Then I prayed he would show us areas where we could serve. And He answered that, too! Better than I hoped for!!

Blessings,

We go to a United Methodist Church. I am still going every week although DH and I are separated. He is going elsewhere. I am very involved in different ministries like the nursery and baby ministry (providing prayer partners and organizing meals for expectant families). I go to a ladies Bible study once a week. We love our church's style of worship and our wonderful pastor.

Originally posted by theresac

My family attends our church regularly. I have just begun teaching sunday school to the toddler class. Which I love to do!

I volunteer any time I can at my church. It is a Southern Baptist church. What I like best about it is the in-depth bible study and fellowship. I don't know much about other churches because all my life I've only gone to baptist, however for a while we went to a pentacostle church then realized we fit better in baptist.

What do you like best about the church you attend?

theresa

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for sharing with me:) !!!

It's so great that no matter what church we all attend that we all love and serve the same mighty God!!It was neat to hear that you and your family have a church that you are deeply commited to.I have personaly attended my church for 17years,I grew up in my church(thank you God , mom and dad).I have been to a few others as a child but we always came back to my church. Not to boast to much!!!But I Love every thing about my church, if I had to pick one thing I would have to pick my churches pastor's.I know that all our pastors are true men and women of God, full of His knowledge ,wisdome.Over flowing in God's Love, peace, grace.

I could go on ,and on, and on!!!I love and support the goals visions,dreams of my pastor's.My hubby and I met at this church, married, and serve in the youth ministry.So we are deeply commited to one church as you are:) .

God Bless!!!!!

Originally posted by Kathryn

Yes, I (and my family) attend church every week, are very involved, and have a wonderful closeness with other families in the church. :)

I believe the Bible teaches we must have intimate relationships with other believers in order to keep each other accountable and growing in our walks with Him. We believe the Bible clearly teaches that we need to be a part of the body of Christ in a physical way as well as Spiritual way. The Bible says that the congregation is like a physical body, and that each part of a physical body needs every part of it's body in order to work the most effectivly, so it is the same with the body of Christ. If you have accepted the Lord as your personal savior, then you are part of the body weather you like it or not, so you may as well let yourself be used! If you are not part of a congregation, then you are not being as effective as you could be for Christ, and you are not letting Christ bring you as close to him as you could be.:eek:

I belong to a Conservative Baptist church and I most appreciate that the teachings are always based directly on the Bible with the Bible being used in all meetings. :)

I believe any congregation that is Biblically sound is a wonderful church. Go be a part of one if you are not already!! :D

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for writing, and sharing with me:). I agree with you we all need to be connected to the body of God!!!I have attended my church 17 years.My church see the big importance as a body to serve to help the body of God function.Being well taught and having the pastor's vision for the church.I and my hubby have served the body 8 years, in the youth department(Thursday nights).And also volunteer in our children's class once a month(Sunday).It's so rewarding and trying when you change the life of child or teenager,for me!!! And God rewards you for serving in the areas He has lead you to!!God is so good:) !!!

God bless!!!

Originally posted by khodge

I am not sure how many ladies will respond to this question. Many of the ladies know me on here and know that I attend Church of Christ so I am not afraid to say that but this sort of question could cause some tension, maybe, maybe not. I hope not. Yes, I (we, my family) attend church weekly and are involved in many church functions and activities. We do usually attend the same church because of this. My husband teaches a Sunday-school class and will be teaching a Sunday evening class this fall so we have responsibilities there. Every once in a while we visit a church that we used to attend where all of my husband's family still attends.

1 Corinthians 12:12

12 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

Hi Khodge,

Thanks for taking the time to share!I as well hope that we can all respect others choices to attend the church they do!!It's not important about the church, but that the person has accepted Jesus as their peraonal Lord and Savior!!I hope that we all see that.When i wroth this question I never saw the chance of trouble!!And do not want trouble!!!I hope that every one will answer, because I want to know were every one is. I hope!!I hope!!I hope!!!But Thank you for bringing it to my attention:) !!

God Bless!!

Originally posted by naejeirual

My husband and I have found our local Christian family in the local Calvary Chapel. We've been fellowshipping there for a little over two years now... ever since we moved into our current home. We had decided before we moved that we would seek out whatever body of believers were physically closest (and in keeping with Biblical teachings) so that our church community would overlap with our physical community (before that, we had lived in a different community from where we worshipped). Before that, we lived in a couple places short term and worshipped with one non-denominational church and a Brethern church. Prior to meeting my husband, I attended a Lutheran college, while working at a Methodist church, after having been raised in a Baptist church. My father was raised Catholic and my mother was raised Methodist. In my very early childhood we tested out several denominational meetings, the only one I can recall is Nazarene. My husband was raised as nothing, by an ex-Catholic mother and an ex-Protestant father (I'm not sure of the denominations. His introduction to Christ was through the Boy Scouts and as a teenager he ocassionally attended services at a non-denominational church. While in college, he was invovled in Intervarsity Christian Fellowship and sometimes attended a Mennonit church.

I know your question wasn't asking for all this background detail, but, although I share your curiosity about where everyone worships, I also wanted to clarify that I don't consider my specific church participation to be of any categorizing power but rather a simple obedience of God's Word that we should join in fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Laurie

Thank you Laurie!!!

I think that sharing more was great!!Being new and wanting to get to know who the people are on this site.I enjoyed reading your whole reply:) ,Thank you!!!

God bless!!!!

Originally posted by dnachase

We attend church each Sunday and soon, with new programs starting up, will be there more often.

My dad was in the Air Force for 21 years and we usually attended the Base Chapel so we had many different denominations (the military catagorizes the chaplains only as Protestant or Catholic so you never knew what denomination the next pastor would be). I married an airman but we decided to go off base to find our churches. Currently we attend one but I still go to Bible Study at another. It's a community church.

Thank you for sharing:) !!

It sounds like your church is growing, Praise God:) :) !!!!

God bless as you go through the new programs:) !

My family and I go to a church of Christ, my husband has went there his whole life. We go every sunday morning to sunday school and worship service and sunday evenings, and usually wed. nights also. We have slacked off on wed. nights this past summer, because there were no classes for the kids. But now that classes have started we will be going. Hopefully wed. night wont be a big homework night it seemed to be last year for our daughter. Satan will definitly use anything to keep away from church!!!

mommyto3kids

Church

Hi Ladies I am in such a quander about church! I need all the help I can get. This is a great question.

One my husband and I have different beliefs. I am a new Christian the last few years.

I like one church but am unhappy how my children feel about it.

I like another but feel so out of place as I am an OlDER Mom having babies early and later in life and I feel like an old lady there. Maybe these are issues I need to deal with and not look at it that way.

I WISH my husband would see the truth and I pray for him daily. He has attended my church choices lately though and we've gone to bible study together.

So No I haven't a church family and wish I did.

That is one thing about were we go everyone is either older or younger so we dont quite fit in any group. It seems so many our ages arenot interested in church or anything, there are people we have invited and invited but..... It is sad to see so many who are not interested at all.

The Body of Christ with HIM as the Head!

Hello, good thread.

I accepted the Lord as my savior at a Calvary Chapel in San Diego in like 1973 or thereabouts.

We attended a Community non-denom church last year before we moved to Virginia. Before that, well it is a LONG story. One that the Lord used to grow us closer to Him, dependent on Him, not any person or pastor.

Now we are in the Bible belt and faced with dozens upon dozens of churches...MANY MANY Baptist churches, all with varying degrees from very liberal to ultra conservative.

We prayed HARD about what we should do. We were invited to many churches by people we would meet (Which I think is GRAND!!!)

And we have a couple churches within walking distance. We tried a few and it was like the torture I recall from going to church as a young child, boring, difficult to follow, uninteresting. The pastor spoke mostly about people and events and did not crack open the most important book - The BIBLE.

Anyway, we sought the Lord and found the only church with AWANA (as the girls attended AWANA back on the left coast).

We found, as many of you, there is NO PERFECT CHURCH. All churches are filled with IMPERFECT PEOPLE. PRAISE GOD!!!

YOU WILL NEVER FIT IN. PERIOD. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.

We are all insecure and there is never a group exactly like us...I guess God must want us to REACH OUT TO OTHERS!!! (Always the way!)

And it is VERY hard to meet people, we have tried getting involved here and there, but as the NEW people we feel we need to give it some time before jumping in, stepping on toes. Plus it is a larger church.

I think joining a BIBLE study or small group is the ONLY WAY to truly meet people and make new friends. I look forward to a new study I start in 2 days on Romans. I look forward to the study and the people! I pray there is someone there who the Lord will put on my heart to minister to.

Anyway - the point of this all is to say GOD KNOWS, HE IS IN CONTROL and HE has the place already picked out for you to minister. As Believers that is what we need, to minister to the rest of the body of Christ, where Jesus is the head.

We can't get stuck on the personality of a pastor or his family, we need to stick to the truths of the Word, the unchanging non-comforming scriptural truths. As aweful as they seem in our society today...Hell is real, sin is real, Jesus is real and made a way for all of use to be with Him, in fellowship.

Well PUT!

See another reason I met up with you all! Set me straight.

I agree AMEN to that!

my church

My family and I go to Calvary chapel San jose, I absolutly love it. I'm kinda discouraged because it seems that I am the only young mom (I'm 23) of a baby (3mo) it seems like all the other moms have other older siblings along with thier babies. I dont feel I have much in common with these other moms. I am teaching the bible study on Tues morning while mommies are in thier bible studies to the 0-2/3 year olds. Calvary chapel is a non denominational. which I love. If anyone is from san jose I am desperatly trying to find other young moms with babies to posibly start up a play group. Anyway I love my church everyone is so friendly.

We attend a Southern Baptist Church, where my Husband serves as a Deacon, I in the nursery, and both of us are very involved in our new Awana program. We have been members of our Church for 13 years. I have gone to other Churches, Freewill Baptist, Assembly of God, etc, but I knew I had found my Church *family* and was at home in our current Church the first time I visited. I just knew this was where we were supposed to be-and after alot of prayer, we know it is God's will in our lives..We both love to serve there and our brothers & sisters in Christ are the greatest bunch of folks! Our Pastor also doesn't mince words or sugarcoat anything from the pulpit-He preaches THUS SAYETH THE LORD, and that is what its all about!

Wish I had a church

Ladies, I'm sad I just don't have a church. I feel so ill about this it just makes me upset all the time. Please pray for me. Please pray that we stop arguing about Saturday and Sunday Church in my home. That the lord points us in the right direction. Thank you

Guest TBEAR

Hello

Bear20Jesus20loves20you20furry.jpg

My husband & myself were both raised Catholic & married in the Catholic church. Two of our 3 children were baptized into the Catholic church too. Our last child was not. Well, we stopped attending the Catholic church & just had time with the kids here at home until we found a wonderful church - CHURCH of CHRIST & there we found it to be a wonderful setting & the people were wonderful and they were there for you & helped you when you needed a reply to something. Soon all of us were baptized for the right reason's & I must admit we are much happier !!

TBEAR